• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper dreams still come true...or tales from a hoarder!

55 posts in this topic

Popular at the same time as the Batmans, I remember these being pretty hard to find at the time (for me it was pre-comic books shop, there was a single comic shop that offered a pull-list, but I was 15 and didn't yet know of those things). Here are 3 complete sets;

photo IMG_2298_zpse3935b6d.jpg

I realize this is silver age, but it's just to show how far things have come since then. This guy bought his books for strictly one reason--as an investment. He told me he never opened or looked at his books, ZERO interest. Even at that time though he was told to buy Spider-Man, even though it was the Batman craze! He purchased exactly 6 back issues, this is one of them. You'll notice tape on the top and the bottom of the spine. He told me he purchased books from a gentleman who would put tape at the top and the bottom of any book with a 10-12 cent cover price to keep them from coming apart even though this book is firmly attached to the staples, the tape serves no purpose. How times have changed...

photo IMG_2295_zpseedb9d36.jpg

I remember I was in Montreal to watch the Expos a few days after this book came out. I couldn't get it anywhere, and didn't end up getting my first copy for a few years until a buddy of mine sold me all of his comics!

photo IMG_2300_zpsaf8a3e23.jpg

Man, this is like a time capsule of 1989-1990 . . . :cloud9:

Yep, these pics are fun to see. :) I remember those Catwomans being pretty hot at the time, back when anything remotely Batman-related was getting a ton of interest.

Man, this is like a time capsule of 1989-1990 . . . :cloud9:

Yep, these pics are fun to see. :) I remember those Catwomans being pretty hot at the time, back when anything remotely Batman-related was getting a ton of interest.

I know right? I can't believe the guy spec'd on Men in Black!!! What a savant.

I remember I was in Montreal to watch the Expos a few days after this book came out. I couldn't get it anywhere, and didn't end up getting my first copy for a few years until a buddy of mine sold me all of his comics!

photo IMG_2300_zpsaf8a3e23.jpg

Such a cool little series.

:applause: