• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Amazing Spider-Man #300 - GRADE IS IN!!

37 posts in this topic

Not unless Joey took some when he was done. I don't know if maybe I reaped the benefits of CGC being super busy and they didn't scrutinize the book as in depth (not that I'm questioning their integrity) or maybe the scanner just magnified the defects like is known to happen. I was expecting a 9.2 and would have killed for a 9.4 so getting a 9,6 is beyond thrilling.

Not unless Joey took some when he was done. I don't know if maybe I reaped the benefits of CGC being super busy and they didn't scrutinize the book as in depth (not that I'm questioning their integrity) or maybe the scanner just magnified the defects like is known to happen. I was expecting a 9.2 and would have killed for a 9.4 so getting a 9,6 is beyond thrilling.

the cgc elves seem to be working overtime. congrats

to be fair, this book gets knocked around a bit on scans. I'm sure after the press (coppers press beautifully) that it was the grade it got.

looking at the scans, I agree with the grade (after the press) congrats!!!

The scan was huge. Showed any little flaw magnified 100x. I think the book is probably close. I've seen a variety of different defects on 9.6 books. I've seen 9.2s that I swore were 9.6s.

I saved the images to my PC and shrunk them by 50%. I still see too many spine tics for what should be a 9.6.

Regardless, it's what CGC says that matters, so congrats! You win :applause:

However, by those standards, my two copies should both be 12.0 ;)

I saved the images to my PC and shrunk them by 50%. I still see too many spine tics for what should be a 9.6.

Regardless, it's what CGC says that matters, so congrats! You win :applause:

However, by those standards, my two copies should both be 12.0 ;)

We all have books that are under graded and over graded. I never begrudge a boardie a win. Congrats. (thumbs u

-J.

As requested, here are some scans and digital images of the book. I can definitely count at least one major spine tic on the book as well as some less than perfect corners. Joeypost definitely earned his paycheck with this one. Was the 9.6 a gift grade? Probably. Am I going to send it back and request they re-grade it? Nah.

Scan2.jpeg

Scan1.jpeg

D6637B26-F8A2-47CD-A464-272B885F37BC.jpg

C1D0C8A7-5087-4DD4-A3EC-7D6E9EED61DC.jpg

67D00EDE-B5B9-4F96-972D-82415D7DABD2.jpg