• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It Begins! Let us see and envy your Clink victories.

86 posts in this topic

already tasted the agony of defeat before the A's were finished

I hear you. Those Centaurs really soared at the end. (I have a vision of something green with large teeth swallowing them whole! :D )

WORST. STAN. AUTOGRAPH. EVER.

Then submitted to PGX to lose even more value.

B&V 320 for $2,000. :oWhoa!

Tough to find, tough to find in high grade. Only 9.8 on the census. Hot book. So, question is, who won it???

That seems cheap to me, but I might be crazy.

Maybe. I guess it depends on whether more 9.8s will eventually appear.

Holy *spoon* I wish I had some books in this auction, they are going for crazy strong prices. The DD #1 6.5 is up to $2,555, that's 2x all time GPA high....

OK, who bought the Batman 139 for almost 2x GPA? (tsk)

Tell me about it.

I just went back to look again at the GPA for Batman 20.

I think it is safe to say that the usual prices for that book in that grade are between $900-$1000. I am guessing paper quality comes into play with the variance along with sheer bidding wars. The outlier is the $1655 price paid which is not even the last sale. Last sale falls back into the average. $1402 was a strong price that was paid tonight.

It was a quality book and perhaps "upgradeable" but I dropped out not wanting to go $1502. There will be another. I noticed that along with the ASM's there were no real deals tonight on Batman books. (That I wanted anyway)

ScreenShot2014-05-27at102716PM.png

the same guy that bought the #173 for 2x GPA :insane:

Do you think that being in an auction with a strong selection of batman books brings higher prices as the sale becomes more likely to attract the attention of those collectors who are most likely to pay a higher price for those books?

So in the opposite case, of say a sale containing lots of bronze marvel keys a single GA bats might be overlooked?

Tell me about it.

I just went back to look again at the GPA for Batman 20.

I think it is safe to say that the usual prices for that book in that grade are between $900-$1000. I am guessing paper quality comes into play with the variance along with sheer bidding wars. The outlier is the $1655 price paid which is not even the last sale. Last sale falls back into the average. $1402 was a strong price that was paid tonight.

It was a quality book and perhaps "upgradeable" but I dropped out not wanting to go $1502. There will be another. I noticed that along with the ASM's there were no real deals tonight on Batman books. (That I wanted anyway)

ScreenShot2014-05-27at102716PM.png

There were some crazy price today. You see the Batman 50 price :o

Looking forward to seeing some GA Bats and Tecs in the hands of boardies.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

bat6_zpsb549fd2e.jpg

Oh My!

That deserves a George Takei "Oh My"

200_s.gif

Can you send it in to CGC? Would it keep the SS?

NOPE... get a quialified "stan lee written on the cover"

If CGC witnesses didnt witness it, it's not SS