• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you choose? Perfect centring or Perfect colour? Updated with pics

65 posts in this topic

Well-centered bronze age keys make me happy.

A or B?

Tough because I like a bright white cover (which A has). If I had to choose, I'd probably take B because I love no white on the spine and that's difficult to find.

When I first looked at this thread title I thought it was going to be a choice of perfect centering with a faded cover or miswrap with bright color - which is actually the real choice here. The PQ isn't that important.

What are you leaning towards?

Given that the quality of the second photo hides the true colours and that the staples are not well around on the back, I'd take B.

It's beautifully centred. This is very hard to find. hm

Besides, the white strip on A hides non-colour breaking stresses, whereas none will exist on B. ;)

As I crack all my keeper books, I have witnessed many a W and OW/W that are interchangeable. :sumo:

Interesting take on it. Any comments on this point of view?

I think I changed my mind and would prefer B

You also get slightly more art on rt edge with B

The fact that the left edge is free from defects which with the white stripe you can't be sure of and i'm pretty sure that's the way the book was meant to be printed, not with a white edge by spine.

Also A. White cover stock looks best when it's suffered from minimal yellowing, and it appears from the scans (and considering that the page quality may generalize to the cover paper) that copy A might be brighter. Plus, as others have pointed out, the back-to-front miswrap is straight, and looks fine given that the background is the same color.

I think that's easy - Copy A!

The white spine looks even and straight. Copy B looks like the Marvel Comics Group bar has a slight tilt down to the right! It might just be the scan, but Copy A looks like it has bolder, brighter colors!

Copy A :headbang:

This.

Copy B was shot in a different lighting. Look at how much brighter the case looks in the first photo. The second photo the case looks very dull by comparison. I suspect the colors on copy B are much better than it appears because of the photo. What you're doing is comparing photos in different lighting and settings.I would ask for a better, brighter photo of copy B before making a decision based on a poor photo.

I took your photo of copy B and did an Auto Correct on MS Office Picture Manager and it made a significant difference. With a better photo, it could even make a bigger difference in the way the colors appear.

2qvpv_zps19f6b1a5.jpg

Your photo

2qvpv.jpg

Too bad you can't make a side by side comparison in person or in the same photo.

To make a completely informed choice, I think we would need to see two pics or scans in the same angle, lighting, etc.

However, based on what I have seen, even the new photo of "B", I would still say Copy A.

I think, for me at least, the "miswrap" on A is much less off putting due to the overall whiteness of the IM 55 cover.

Had this been say, a Hero for Hire #1, I'd say go with B...

I feel A presents better and again, from the pics, it appears also that the Marvel banner is straighter as well.

Either way though, cool books.

2c

Given that the quality of the second photo hides the true colours and that the staples are not well around on the back, I'd take B.

It's beautifully centred. This is very hard to find. hm

Besides, the white strip on A hides non-colour breaking stresses, whereas none will exist on B. ;)

As I crack all my keeper books, I have witnessed many a W and OW/W that are interchangeable. :sumo:

This.

I think I would take B, just really like the centering, Everytime you look at the book you will see the cover, and knowing I could of had a nice centered one would eat at me everytime.

Both are nice though, and it will be your book, so choose the one you want,