• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death Of Wolverine #1 Variant Dilemma

26 posts in this topic

So the #1 has a 1;50 , 1;100 , 1;300 , 1;500. I collect everything wolverine and with a rare half discount it would cost me $1,247.50. Which would give me way to many Reg books, 9-1:50 and 4-1:100's. Im really stressing on what to do here. If i was able to sell the extra variants my final investment would be $397.50. Any suggestions and does anyone think doing a pre-order sale on the boards would work

Euurgh. 1:500 for a "death of".

If you have to have it then do what you can but you will have to unload variants quick quick quick or risk paying a lot more for what you keep. Has it crossed your mind to give it a miss or look at what other holes you could fill in your collection for what you are willing to spend?

So the #1 has a 1;50 , 1;100 , 1;300 , 1;500. I collect everything wolverine and with a rare half discount it would cost me $1,247.50. Which would give me way to many Reg books, 9-1:50 and 4-1:100's. Im really stressing on what to do here. If i was able to sell the extra variants my final investment would be $397.50. Any suggestions and does anyone think doing a pre-order sale on the boards would work

Wait 120 days & buy them at a fraction of that.

Wait 120 days & buy them at a fraction of that.

This.

I passed by a street fair today and they had 3 boxes of Death of Superman comics for $1 each.

My point is this is just a money grab the same way Supes' death was in the 90s and once Wolverine returns (just before a new movie) these comics will be joining those Superman books in the $1 box.

I passed by a street fair today and they had 3 boxes of Death of Superman comics for $1 each.

My point is this is just a money grab the same way Supes' death was in the 90s and once Wolverine returns (just before a new movie) these comics will be joining those Superman books in the $1 box.

Very true. And I don't know about you, but I am still reeling from the death of Bernie, so I don't think even by September I will be recovered enough to be concerned with Wolverine.

Very true. And I don't know about you, but I am still reeling from the death of Bernie, so I don't think even by September I will be recovered enough to be concerned with Wolverine.

If Bernie was alive he could save Wolverine. RIP Bernie.

I used to be a variant chaser too, in fact got back into the hobby right around ASM #700. Yup dropped the coin to get every last copy... Ditko, Quesada sketch, etc. Finally woke up one day and really asked myself WTF am I doing spending so much on variants when I can A) get OA B) get sketches C) get key gold and silver age books which would mean much more in the long run.

Point is I agree with just about everyone in that it ain't really worth it bud. 2c

I suggest you put that money to something else like another Hulk 181.

I used to be a variant chaser too, in fact got back into the hobby right around ASM #700. Yup dropped the coin to get every last copy... Ditko, Quesada sketch, etc. Finally woke up one day and really asked myself WTF am I doing spending so much on variants when I can A) get OA B) get sketches C) get key gold and silver age books which would mean much more in the long run.

Point is I agree with just about everyone in that it ain't really worth it bud. 2c

You cold get something(s) REALLY nice for the money you plan to spend on the comics.

I got my first OA page for $130 when the comic it was printed in was selling for $40. After that I quit chasing comics, except to read a good story.

You collect what you like and makes you happy. For me the choice was easy.

So it turns out Marvel is offering a much higher discount now. Soooooo ill be ordering the variants and will throwing out a pre-order on the boards. I'll have a few extra variants and of course ill have the regular cover. The breakdown on what extra's i have is

3 - 1:100

4 - 1:75

6 - 1:50

If anyone is interested before i post on the sales thread pm me. I can also get copies of the skottie young and deadpool variant. Those variants were order 250% of a certain Marvel title.