• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a pressing "grey area"- could use some advice...

25 posts in this topic

Pressing in my opinion is maintenance on your book. Just like a dress shirt you will press it and dry clean it before wearing it.

Get a reliable professional to press your books and count the extra cash. Joey Post is one of the best in the business and he's responded within your thread, so check him out!

Pressing in my opinion is maintenance on your book. Just like a dress shirt you will press it and dry clean it before wearing it.

This is sheer idiocy . . . uh, no offense. :grin:

Perhaps you should stay in "your" PGM forum. :baiting:

I thought I would post a follow up- I finally pulled the trigger and sent joeypost my first four "coupon" comics: Giant-Size X-Men 1 [6 to 7-ish], ASM 121, 122 and Hulk 180 [all 9-ish]. Having little experience with higher-grade comics (and none whatsoever with pressing or CGC grading) we'll see if I'm in the ballpark on these.

I'd like to have a stack of graded comics to sell this fall, but cash flow is everything- I may have to wait and sell one or two of the above comics to pay for the next couple of batches....

I'll let you all know how it turns out...

cheers,

tbg

I thought I would post a follow up- I finally pulled the trigger and sent joeypost my first four "coupon" comics: Giant-Size X-Men 1 [6 to 7-ish], ASM 121, 122 and Hulk 180 [all 9-ish]. Having little experience with higher-grade comics (and none whatsoever with pressing or CGC grading) we'll see if I'm in the ballpark on these.

I'd like to have a stack of graded comics to sell this fall, but cash flow is everything- I may have to wait and sell one or two of the above comics to pay for the next couple of batches....

I'll let you all know how it turns out...

cheers,

tbg

:applause: