• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America #123

4 posts in this topic

4.0 IMHO! CGC might hammer it a little more because of the staining. I don't think the staining is overly obtrusive so I gave it the grade that I felt it was worthy of!

So a stain is very bad deffect ? I mean if i see a stain the book should fall to VG grades? Because if it wasn´t for the stain i would say that it looks like a 6.5 or 7.0

Every book is different no one set guideline on a stain. Atleast I don't think so.

Things that I factor in a stain

Can it be cleaned off?(like a buger stain)

How big is the stain?

How many pages does the stain go though?

Type of stain?

Water? Oil? Smoke fire?

I think a water stain is a stain I can live with over a oil stain.

This book has slight water damage I'm guessing.

Got wet

They cleaned off the cover and put a piece paper behind the cover to keep from hurting inside pages.

Wiped off the back. But then laid it back down n the back cover. Thinking it was dry left it as such. Then came back and realized it wasn't dry on back. That why you see the staining on the lower back right corner. I'm guessing some kinda transfer from table was layin on.

I'd say 4.0 seems good