• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Surely this can't be worth this amount....and so soon into the auction

55 posts in this topic

OK I'm the one who bought this book.... before I get crucified, I bought it because it fills a hole in my collection ( some graded and many ungraded). Also, I bought it because I am a private collector, not a reseller and I wanted it. My kids can pry it from my hands after i'm dead and sell it if they want. I have a collection online at the registry..batman 1-300 under the name joker's revenge. I recently bought a 9.6 batman 251 for $600. Same reason, plus I think this is one of the coolest covers around. Hopefully, I will start on the golden age soon. If I had $285,000 I would buy the batman 1 on comiclink, so maybe I do have some psychological disoder.

hey Batfan, I noticed that 1940 date written on the cover of your Bat#1. Ive sen lots of other issues wiht the years written (with a fountain pen in many cases) on the covers. Are you familiar with this collection?? Do you have any other issues with the years on the covers?

OK I'm the one who bought this book.... before I get crucified, I bought it because it fills a hole in my collection ( some graded and many ungraded). Also, I bought it because I am a private collector, not a reseller and I wanted it. My kids can pry it from my hands after i'm dead and sell it if they want. I have a collection online at the registry..batman 1-300 under the name joker's revenge. I recently bought a 9.6 batman 251 for $600. Same reason, plus I think this is one of the coolest covers around. Hopefully, I will start on the golden age soon. If I had $285,000 I would buy the batman 1 on comiclink, so maybe I do have some psychological disoder.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!! hi.gif

I find it funny that this thread brought me to these forums just a couple weeks ago and it's still alive even though the auctions been over weeks ago.

To me that means we need to start an all-Batman thread!

This may have been covered elsewhere, but I cannot believe this auction price:

D.C. 359 CGC 9.6

2a_3.JPG

Late Silver Age book from 1967, three copies in 9.6 already on the census. We all know that when Joe Serpico wants a HG D.C. he usually gets it, but can someone please explain why three other bidders joined him in pushing the price to almost $4,500 on this one ???893whatthe.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

....and I'm the one who missed out! bumpit.gifI also wanted this for my own collection of Silver squarebounds - as a keeper! tth2 is right in that the weak dollar means that $950 now costs me the same as $850 did 3 months ago, so good for all you USA sellers! yay.gif

....and I'm the one who missed out! bumpit.gifI also wanted this for my own collection of Silver squarebounds - as a keeper! tth2 is right in that the weak dollar means that $950 now costs me the same as $850 did 3 months ago, so good for all you USA sellers! yay.gif

Hi Mark

I was happy to help you out with that lovely Batman #213 CGC 9.6 recently ! thumbsup2.gif You must have quite a collection of these squarebounds by now !!!

I have now finished my first day on these forums (my first post was last night).

But you've been registered for almost a year. Where have you been? Christo_pull_hair.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Was meaning to get around to posting but just never bothered. Did some periods where I would just read (translation: lurk).

Clearly it was my loss since I have really enjoyed these forums so far...

cloud9.gif

D.C. 359 CGC 9.6

2a_3.JPG

Late Silver Age book from 1967, three copies in 9.6 already on the census. We all know that when Joe Serpico wants a HG D.C. he usually gets it, but can someone please explain why three other bidders joined him in pushing the price to almost $4,500 on this one ???893whatthe.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Really only two people bid this up beyond $2500. If comiccollectorshop and Joe had not bid on it, redspyder666 would have won it for about $2200, about the price I would expect it to go for if I were selling it.

This is a major key with first Batgirl and a dark cover. It took me about ten years to find a vf+ copy back in the 1980s.

This is a much bigger key than #400 in my opinion. Batgirl is a major character in the mythos.

Unlike many big sales, this really does represent a market value since Joe is a collector and I think the other bidder is too. But, clearly, if a couple more of these pop up for sale, they will not go as high with only, now, one person willing to pay that kind of price.

D.C. 359 CGC 9.6

2a_3.JPG

Really only two people bid this up beyond $2500. If comiccollectorshop and Joe had not bid on it, redspyder666 would have won it for about $2200, about the price I would expect it to go for if I were selling it.

This is a major key with first Batgirl and a dark cover. It took me about ten years to find a vf+ copy back in the 1980s.

This is a much bigger key than #400 in my opinion. Batgirl is a major character in the mythos.

Unlike many big sales, this really does represent a market value since Joe is a collector and I think the other bidder is too. But, clearly, if a couple more of these pop up for sale, they will not go as high with only, now, one person willing to pay that kind of price.

that's 25X's the OS Nm- 9.2 guide!!!!!!! WOW!!!! does anyone know who joe serpico is - on these boards??

OK I'm the one who bought this book.... before I get crucified, I bought it because it fills a hole in my collection ( some graded and many ungraded). Also, I bought it because I am a private collector, not a reseller and I wanted it.

Joker, welcome to the boards. Never feel compelled to defend the price you pay for a book! If you want it badly enough, then it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it, and that's your right. Don't let the second-guessers and naysayers on these boards get you down.