• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic connect auction thoughts

345 posts in this topic

Forgive me if there is a thread for this already, i was wondering what the thoughts were on this Toronto Riverdale Collection, the books seem very bright in color, but since i haven't seen it in person, can't really be sure, any thoughts?

Also, and please remember I'm an outsider, this John Wise collection is hard for me to get excited about since all of the major books aren't blue label, is this a collection the boardies are excited about?

There are books in both accumulations that I think are cool.

I think the Tec #32 is one of the most mind-blowingly awesome books that I've seen in a long time.

Looks like only tracking bids so far. Is this a $150K+ book?

Not even close.

I think it may possibly go south of $50K

Could be. The highest graded copy of the 6th appearance of Superman sold for a mere 35K just 2 years ago. That was an 8.5.

The Tec is a 9.2 and looks so newsstand fresh. I'm fairly certain it will do better than the Action 6. I just don't know how much better.

this John Wise collection is hard for me to get excited about since all of the major books aren't blue label

+1

Does anyone know if this is his entire collection? No runs, just key books?

It will be interesting to see what the total those books bring in will be. I suppose, though, it would be laborious to add it up, unless at some point Metro mentions the total in advertising. hm