• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's your chance to tell CGC how to get better

290 posts in this topic

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Eat your chum, sheeple. Aren't you lucky to be here at all?

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

Serve free beer at CGC's convention booth

Since we know CGC will be watching and responding, here's an open letter to Harshen:

CGC provides its message boards as a service to the comic book collecting community.

If this is a public service, can we all vote on getting rid of the ads and the automatically inserted Ebay referral links?

Although we value an open forum where users can discuss issues that affect the hobby, we will not allow our message boards to be used to promote our competitors. Several recent posts have done this and have been pulled. Going forward, we will pull any posts that violate this policy and may also choose to suspend or ban the poster.

Other than discussing the different aspects of the new [unnamed] grading service and pointing out potential differences [Lets not call them improvements, shall we?], where are these mythical promotion posts? I'm having trouble recalling them, as are others.

We appreciate all of the feedback from our posters and we will take all of these comments into consideration as we continue to look to make improvements in our services. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I don't recall many of the suggestions being addressed prior to now, but I look forward to a better and more responsive CGC.

Free graders notes at least to the person that submitted the books. I want to know what I paid for. I recognize why they okoume not be free to anyone as I would be trying to get the notes for about fifty books I was interested in for every auction.

However, if I submitted it, I want to know what they felt was wrong with the book I paid for to be submitted that caused it to receive the grade.

I would like them to have staff dedicated to the home office workflow, so that turn-around times for everyone aren't affected by comic conventions. (I.e that's a long-form sentence that can be interpreted as "hire some qualified graders, please".

Since we know CGC will be watching and responding, here's an open letter to Harshen:

CGC provides its message boards as a service to the comic book collecting community.

If this is a public service, can we all vote on getting rid of the ads and the automatically inserted Ebay referral links?

Although we value an open forum where users can discuss issues that affect the hobby, we will not allow our message boards to be used to promote our competitors. Several recent posts have done this and have been pulled. Going forward, we will pull any posts that violate this policy and may also choose to suspend or ban the poster.

Other than discussing the different aspects of the new [unnamed] grading service and pointing out potential differences [Lets not call them improvements, shall we?], where are these mythical promotion posts? I'm having trouble recalling them, as are others.

We appreciate all of the feedback from our posters and we will take all of these comments into consideration as we continue to look to make improvements in our services. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I don't recall many of the suggestions being addressed prior to now, but I look forward to a better and more responsive CGC.

escalatedquickly_zps8f017879.gif

Free graders notes at least to the person that submitted the books. I want to know what I paid for. I recognize why they okoume not be free to anyone as I would be trying to get the notes for about fifty books I was interested in for every auction.

However, if I submitted it, I want to know what they felt was wrong with the book I paid for to be submitted that caused it to receive the grade.

What he said :sumo:

What in the blue hell is okoume? I'm on my iPad.

Most businesses that provide a service that on occasion has fallen short of it's advertised description, Dominos Pizza comes to mind. If the pizza isn't delivered in 30 minutes, it's free. By all means I'm not suggesting that if Cgc advertises a service be it 10 of 15 or 500 days and they fail to meet that published advertised deadline, then yes, offer out a coupon as an apology and good business ethical decision. Not a total wash of a bill, but maybe a coupon for 1 free book on your next submission or something kind like that.

Ban members that can't chill.

Or those with too much time on their hands (which directly leads to 70k posts)

:)

Improve holders (should protect from dirt, water, bugs, prevent movement, protect from UV and be archival or at least last for most of my life), reduce prices, shorten turn around time by at least half and preferably by 3/4, re-adjust pricing tiers (ie. Add a bronze age tier, add a "new" book tier), improve grading consistancy (and I don't mean tighten standards...I mean stay consistent within the standards), free graders notes (at least to the origional submitter...then they can choose to pass them on), improve the registry, give more to unpaid members, give even more to paid members, reduce shipping fees through a contract with the carrier...I'm sure I'll think of more....

Reset all post counts to zero.

What in the blue hell is okoume? I'm on my iPad.

wood, as in stick it.