• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's your chance to tell CGC how to get better

290 posts in this topic

Free graders notes!

;) (thumbs u

I really think that this is one thing that they will reverse their policy on within the next year.

But Kevin76 said they wont.......and he never says anything that isn't true :o:whee:

CGC Please:

A. Ensure books are slabbed straight in their holders and not sideways

B. Ensure case material is 100% and doesn't have odd indention/pooling on the back side, or nicks and whatnot... the case should look new all around, front and back

C. Consistency of type of case books get

Thank you

I have scoped out these boards for a long time, but never had a reason to join. This thread was a good reason.

Free grader notes on all books, if there are none, how do we know the book was even graded.

That is all

WTTBs!!!!!!

:hi:

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Eat your chum, sheeple. Aren't you lucky to be here at all?

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

Ban members that can't chill.

Reset all post counts to zero.

CBR recently reset their entire message boards. It was complete pandemonium over there for a bit.

They've also lost a ton of traffic as a result.

They redesigned the boards here about 6 or 7 years ago. People flipped.

Some easy one's that have already been mentioned (that are great ideas and would cost CGC nothing) are:

-Graders notes to the submitter

-Graded date on the label

TAT's is the biggest issue, but there's a big cost to that (hiring and training more people, work around the clock, etc..).

On another tangent, drug screening is cheap. You can get home tests that check for a majority of abused, illicit drugs for around $25-30. You don't "need" a laboratory to perform them.

This is fairly minor, but can there at least BE grading notes on 9.4, 9.6, 9.8 books?

Those are the books that need the least amount of notes. Why would you need notes on a 9.8? It's near perfect. (shrug)

Even when they offered them for free, you didn't get anything on a 9.8 or 9.6.

Pardon the ignorance, but what would be the harm in sending the grader's notes to the submitter via a PDF? Cool sellers would then be able to distinguish themselves by including them on eBay and on the boards.

Dan

Pardon the ignorance, but what would be the harm in sending the grader's notes to the submitter via a PDF? Cool sellers would then be able to distinguish themselves by including them on eBay and on the boards.

Dan

Relatively decent amount of harm, haven't you ever suffered a PDF laceration?

Dan

Relatively decent amount of harm, haven't you ever suffered a PDF laceration?

Blocked it out. The eighties were a rough decade,

Dan

I have never paid for grader notes, but I would be willing to do some type of subscription (like someone mentioned for GPA). Example: pay an extra _______ per year on your CGC membership and get access to grader notes free. I would entertain something in that area. But, if it is a huge addition (like $119 or something), I'd be out.

You could take several approaches with this concept though. Pay "A" and get access to 25 free grader notes each year, pay "B" get 50, etc, etc. Or pay a flat unlimited grader notes fee.

Just brainstorming.

Since we are talking about graders notes...

QUESTION: are graders notes substantive and detailed enough in your opinion. I've seen a few and some are detailed, some are vague.

The grader's notes were never meant for public consumption. They were only meant to be for graders, so they were never supposed to be substantive.

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Eat your chum, sheeple. Aren't you lucky to be here at all?

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

I am actually very appreciative for the opportunity to participate on these boards. It has been a great educational experience and really dig the cast of characters past and present (thumbs u

Franchise!!!

I'm ready to open a Texas branch of the CGC now! This would increase jobs, decrease TATs, and possibly decrease shipping costs…

Which leads me to my next suggestion…personalize and automated shipping fees.

Those shipping fees can get a bit outrageous at times. If it cost me $12 to ship 3 slabs to the CGC for ReHolder, in the same box and same packing peanuts and bubble wrap, it should not cost $30 to send it to me in the first place. Automate the shipping costs. If the person is submitting 4 books, get the actual shipping cost for shipping them back to the submitter's zip code, not an estimate like it currently does. I understand a part of their charge is handling (boxes, cardboard, peanuts, bubble wrap) and it's hard to estimate if a book will be in a standard slab or giant size slab, but even all giant size slabs should be cheaper than it currently is.

…and how about a rewards/loyalty program?

Get 9 books graded, get the 10th free???? Just sayin'