• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's your chance to tell CGC how to get better

290 posts in this topic

Make sure ample cheese is available with that whine.
Or spare backbones for all the apologists.

Even the Larson apologists? :P

Do not besmirch his good name, pedigree defiler.

And Strahan just kept on goosesteppin' by.

CGC board illuminati VinBumSchmidt are in the hizzle ! :whee:

lol

I'm a CGC apologist? :o

You're an everyone and everything apologist.

I'm a dove. You're a hawk.

Most businesses that provide a service that on occasion has fallen short of it's advertised description, Dominos Pizza comes to mind. If the pizza isn't delivered in 30 minutes, it's free.

Dominos stopped that promotion in 1993.

the Usps give a full refund on express service if not delivered by the specified time. Anyway I was along a generalization about how we actually pay extra to have the TAT quickened only to see it not happen time after time without an apology or refund or discount. I can come up with many examples of how business give back to their customers when the F@#% Up.

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Eat your chum, sheeple. Aren't you lucky to be here at all?

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

Ban members that can't chill.

+1

Grader's notes used to be free, then of course people would call them up every 2 seconds and ask for them, So they most likely said "hey, we can make money off of this" So they started charging...I'm not someone who cares what the grader notes are, If that's what the book graded at, then that's what the book graded at. They are not going to change it cause I don't like it.

Grading notes & turn around times addressed and color breaks, horrible fanning and 1/2 inch mis-wraps should never be 9.8 books !

More consistent grading Hate hearing CGC is being loose right now send them in ! also hate seeing the elusive 9.9 with tons of white and crooked white spines.

Other than all that I will never use another company for my books and I really don't see that the new competition is doing anything different than the already established CGC.

P.S. tracking chips ! or QR codes on lables that will add your book to a collection data base instantly.

Free Grader Notes

Improve TaT's

Offer something for delays of TaT's

Offer complete refund on books that make it through QC with erros when encapsulated, gross misalignment, etc

I hate seeing books that are obviously crooked but we're to believe Quality Control gave them the OK? What bout the books where the inner well is sealed ON the book? There's no excuse for that and obviously negligent mistakes like that should definitely offer the free coupon submission idea

Lastly, lower prices.

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

Ban members that can't chill.

Give me admin powers and I'll clear his place out in a jiffy.

Unemployment rate in Florida is 6.2% (shrug)

Why not hire some people who can be trained to slab books and cut down the TAT?

Even if it's part time. Or offer some high school seniors or college kids during the summer and xmas breaks.

Graders notes and the date when the book was graded noted on the label is good too. (thumbs u

edit: Or hire me, I live 2 hours away. I can work weekends get a hotel and hang out with some cool people and cool HOT books. lol Naw but for real I'd do it. Call me

Serve free beer at CGC's convention booth

After all its a long flight over the pond.A ducks wings do get tired

Unemployment rate in Florida is 6.2% (shrug)

Why not hire some people who can be trained to slab books and cut down the TAT?

Even if it's part time. Or offer some high school seniors or college kids during the summer and xmas breaks.

Graders notes and the date when the book was graded noted on the label is good too. (thumbs u

edit: Or hire me, I live 2 hours away. I can work weekends get a hotel and hang out with some cool people and cool HOT books. lol Naw but for real I'd do it. Call me

hiring part timers or rando's is harder than you think because of the dollar value of the comics and the insurance involved. I'm guessing most of the employees have to be bonded in case they commit frauds or steal comics. The more mature and experienced and educated and stable an employee is, the lower the premiums.