• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet released 7/23. Many GA books still grossly undervalued.

18 posts in this topic

Of course early Actions and pre-Robin Tecs will be. You can also count on Jackpot 4 and Prize 7 to be listed at no more than about 25% of their real values. Every issue of Daring Mystery and Mystic Comics will be stupidly underpriced. Those are a few examples. What other GA books come to mind as grossly undervalued by Overstreet? And why do they ignore the realities of the market their book is supposed to reflect?

Every issue of Daring Mystery and Mystic Comics will be stupidly underpriced.

Not sure that I completely agree with this. Those two runs are really priced pretty strong by grade in relation to market.

Of course early Actions and pre-Robin Tecs will be. You can also count on Jackpot 4 and Prize 7 to be listed at no more than about 25% of their real values. Every issue of Daring Mystery and Mystic Comics will be stupidly underpriced. Those are a few examples. What other GA books come to mind as grossly undervalued by Overstreet? And why do they ignore the realities of the market their book is supposed to reflect?

You could change the title to 'many GA books still grossly overvalued' and it would be just as true :juggle:

Most Timely's Bat 1. GA Caps, most of the gold and then the modern is usually off. Anything that has become hot won't be listed right. It will be interesting to see what they do with Walking Dead....

Any pre 1945 Archie app. They need 3 new low grade categories w new price point multipliers. rat chews on silverfish damage 3x guide, Strange mold 2x guide, Gone missing but didnt affect Archie story 1.5x guide.

Any pre 1945 Archie app. They need 3 new low grade categories w new price point multipliers. rat chews on silverfish damage 3x guide, Strange mold 2x guide, Gone missing but didnt affect Archie story 1.5x guide.

lol

love this.

Any guesses as to which book in OS's Top 100 listing will have the largest percentage price increase this year? hm

Interesting to note that Archie was the top percentage gainer in 3 out of the past 5 years with Superman at 2 and Batman well behind with only 1, as follows:

1) 2013 - Action Comics #13 at 33%;

2) 2012 - Pep Comics #22 at 57%;

3) 2011 - Archie #1 and Pep #22 tied at 40% each;

4) 2010 - Detective Comics #27 at a whooping 83%; and

5) 2009 - Action Comics #7 at 26%.

Somewhere along the line, I believe that Cap #1 will eventually hit the top spot, but probably not on this particular go-round. I believe it will once again be either a Superman or an Archie related book this year.

Any other opinions? hmhm

Well, considering that Overstreet had Archie 1 6.0 at $19,000 and one just sold for $70,000, I think it's fair to say that book is underpriced. I realize they don't want to chase market blips, but given the scarcity of that book in decent condition, I doubt it will be selling anywhere near as low as current guide for the foreseeable future.

lol

love this.

I was half serious and half being funny .....

Animal Chews in the cond description of this Jackpot 6. ^^

and no its not my listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackpot-Comic-6-MLJ-Archie-First-Reggie-Mantle-Story-/231263349164?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Basically every Atlas PCH will be absurdly undervalued.

In 6.0 and up anyway - most can still be found relatively cheaply in 2.0-4.0 condition.

The price spreads should probably be 3 - 4X 4.0 value for a 6.0 on many of these books, particularly with Everett covers.

You can also count on Jackpot 4 and Prize 7 to be listed at no more than about 25% of their real values........What other GA books come to mind as grossly undervalued by Overstreet? And why do they ignore the realities of the market their book is supposed to reflect?

You could certainly say that was true in the case of the 2012 OS guide when he raised Jackpot 4 by only $500 for a percentage increase of only 5% or so.

Not so sure about last year's 2013 guide when he played a bit of catch up and raised it by a significant $7K for a huge percentage increase of about 78%.

Still only a fraction of the price when compared with Archie 1 and Pep 22, so I guess we'll just have to wait another month or so to see what he does with some of these more undervalued books in the guide.