• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 can you spare a grade? plus hulk as well

52 posts in this topic

Hello fellow boardies im sorry about the pictures but it is the only ones i have received being that the comics are located in Michigan and im in Texas. And haven't flown up there to retrieve them yet. the gentleman that is selling the comics has came into a bit of a crunch and wants to open up a third store and is looking to sell these two comic so with the pics i have provided and i know it wont be a accurate grade but if you could give me any feedback that would be much appreciated on the grade of the comics. He wants 9k for the af #15 and 8k for the hulk #1. He said they both are a 8.0 raw and would sell them to me as a bundle for 14k . Thank you for your time and please let me know. God Bless

75daec9a-4deb-4417-bae7-bd40421675fb_zpsd3efe054.jpg

IMAG2087_zpsdf9f831f.jpg

AF 15 9.0 possibly better. Hulk 1 looks to be about the same. No back scans makes them very hard to

grade. But if they are not restored $14 K the deal of the century. I would go see them with money in hand, Even restored they would be worth more than $14K. Non restored you looking at a freaking huge amount of money. Keep us in the loop.

he said they are not restored and have no trimming or spine ripps , no paper pops or rusty staples no restoration what so ever and thing like that ,I have bought from him in the past but this will be one of the highest i have ever gone after. A while back i bought a higher grade ff1 from him and turned out nice, But he says they are all original condition, Nothing altered in any way

I sure will i am flying up in august with a bank check for 14k and a comic grader buddy is coming with me to makes sure i don't get scammed. This gentleman im buying from use 2 have a huge collection he has since dwindled it down,. He sold a 8.5 jim83 last week for 7k

This evening when he get more time he is going to get me better scans of the comics. Being that this is going to be my first big purchase is there a way to tell if the comic is fake is there a website dedicated to spotting fakes? . Thank you for all your input

This evening when he get more time he is going to get me better scans of the comics. Being that this is going to be my first big purchase is there a way to tell if the comic is fake is there a website dedicated to spotting fakes? . Thank you for all your input

I'm confused, didn't you say you already bought an FF #1 off this guy?

.....and was the FF Raw and came back graded as predicted? regardless, you already have a history with this guy--is there a reason you doubt him? why would he wait until august if he needs $ now?? a lot of questions...

This seems to good to be true. Those are beautiful books and he is too knowledgable on the hobby to let them go for this price

I'm confused, didn't you say you already bought an FF #1 off this guy?

.....and was the FF Raw and came back graded as predicted? regardless, you already have a history with this guy--is there a reason you doubt him? why would he wait until august if he needs $ now?? a lot of questions...

+++1imoksmiley.gifimoksmiley.gifimoksmiley.gif

Get. On. That. Plane. Now.

Come August, it will a) gone or snatched b) seller might change his mind c) increase his asking price.

With auction history available on eBay, HA etc, it's hard to imagine anyone not being informed to the worth of these keys.

So, yeah. Get there. Pronto.

+1 to all the skepticism. Especially if the stores he has (and the third store he's hoping to open) are comic stores. In those approximate condition you're looking at $100k easy. Either he has no idea what they are worth which takes little research to find, or he's scamming. Good luck and keep us informed.

While the inconsistent production quality in the early 60s make impossible to be certain from the images, both those books look likely to be trimmed at the least, the Hulk especially, when compared to images of other copies.

Amazing deals do come along sometimes, even from sources one would think should have a better idea of the value, but if these books are what the seller indicates it's a lot to hope that will still be available at that price in August.

You'll have to excuse me, though, for thinking there is the strong smell of steer manure about this deal.

I agree and I think my over zealous is getting the best of me, I too have asked my self is this too good to be true..one of the reason im waiting till august is my company is laying me off on june 30th. I do have a job lined up but I cant take time off till august to fly up there. Yeah and me saying the ff turned out nice means it looks great or better then what the pictures I saw. So when I got the book it looks fantastic to me. my horrible luck its too good to be true. It probably is.

That is a very nice looking AF15 for 9k.

Speaking of the AF15, If this is truly an UNRESTORED book then you are looking at 100k+. If it is restored, then 9k is a very good price considering the structural integrity and appearance in the photo. I am also +1 on the skepticism. A person would be totally insane to sell a 100k book for less than 1/10th it's value, especially when this book's value is so readily available online.

And why did he choose 9k as a selling price? hm

I agree and I think my over zealous is getting the best of me, I too have asked my self is this too good to be true..one of the reason im waiting till august is my company is laying me off on june 30th. I do have a job lined up but I cant take time off till august to fly up there. Yeah and me saying the ff turned out nice means it looks great or better then what the pictures I saw. So when I got the book it looks fantastic to me. my horrible luck its too good to be true. It probably is.

I can think of plenty of ways to get up. All you need is a weekend. You must have days off from work?

If cash is an issue, I'm sure you can take a short-term loan, max out the credit cards or even do a split deal with a friend/boardie. I'm sure there are plenty willing to get out there on a potential $100k deal for 1/10th of the value no?

GL.

Even if they are restored the value for both in 9.0 would be around $21,000.00

Not a bad payoff.

That would be with Mod. resto, right? If they are EP, I'd think it would be a riskier proposition.