• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

know what's funny... if you want to find out someones ebay handle, you can always check and see if they've ever posted in the Sales Advertising subforum... most times they point you to one of their sales... and their ID...

just saying... ;)

From a different perspective, the OP is not the first to complain about endless CG ebay threads or just general CG whining or dumbazz threads. Here’s a recent comment by youmechooz I find pithy:

Most "i got scammed on ebay" threads are started when the buyer buys a book off someone on ebay with little to no feedback. In their head its either, "nobody will bid it up past me, im going to get the deal of the century and make tons of money" or "i want to gamble that the book will be as good as described, if not, meh, ill start a thread about it." Besides the obvious grading disagreements with the larger sellers on ebay, has anyone ever been scammed by say, mycomicshop? Has anyone ever bought an asm1 or something of value from them, and received a box full of newspaper or a completely different book? From reading the scam and ripoff threads, seems like this could be avoided if they would just stop gambling on low feedback sellers or sellers that sell 1 thing every 6 months.

Right out of the gate, everybody sharpened their pitchforks and lit the torches, ready to crucify the OP because he had to be a scammer himself. When I read his post, I just saw it as somebody who was sick of endless numnutz threads. There’s certainly plenty of invaluable ebay scammer threads (trmoore54’s exposé of bijoubaby leaps to mind) but there’s just as many from nincompoops who see a shiller around every corner or who take chances with obviously sketchy sellers.

Looking at the OP’s feedback, I don’t see anything there that indicates he’s a scam artist. He doesn’t sell often (30 items total) and only a portion of his sales were comics, some of which were slabs. His feedback is spotless. Maybe you guys jumped the gun?

I wouldn't sell to you kav....you'd probably see a stray piece of packing foam in your cgc slab and run to the boards and complain about me

Oh dear....how will I cope?

Kav,

I have a CGC slab ill give you a good deal but there is a Styrofoam peanut fell in the bag of the slab so half price :kidaround:

Please do not stop the scammer threads. I am mostly a lurker without a whole lot of posts, but I for one like to read the scammer posts and then make up my own mind based on the facts presented.

I would think that if someone were to present false information against another, maybe as a vendetta, then that person would be found out here in short order. The detective skills of the peeps here are pretty good.

If you are an honest person you should have nothing to fear from the posts.

+1 (thumbs u

I appreciate it dp. That's exactly what it was. I have nothing to hide my ebay record is spotless. What I do have a problem with is endless threads about scams and witchhunts that make communities negative and toxic. But since the mods tolerate it, and the community likes it, enjoy it.

From a different perspective, the OP is not the first to complain about endless CG ebay threads or just general CG whining or dumbazz threads. Here’s a recent comment by youmechooz I find pithy:

Most "i got scammed on ebay" threads are started when the buyer buys a book off someone on ebay with little to no feedback. In their head its either, "nobody will bid it up past me, im going to get the deal of the century and make tons of money" or "i want to gamble that the book will be as good as described, if not, meh, ill start a thread about it." Besides the obvious grading disagreements with the larger sellers on ebay, has anyone ever been scammed by say, mycomicshop? Has anyone ever bought an asm1 or something of value from them, and received a box full of newspaper or a completely different book? From reading the scam and ripoff threads, seems like this could be avoided if they would just stop gambling on low feedback sellers or sellers that sell 1 thing every 6 months.

Right out of the gate, everybody sharpened their pitchforks and lit the torches, ready to crucify the OP because he had to be a scammer himself. When I read his post, I just saw it as somebody who was sick of endless numnutz threads. There’s certainly plenty of invaluable ebay scammer threads (trmoore54’s exposé of bijoubaby leaps to mind) but there’s just as many from nincompoops who see a shiller around every corner or who take chances with obviously sketchy sellers.

Looking at the OP’s feedback, I don’t see anything there that indicates he’s a scam artist. He doesn’t sell often (30 items total) and only a portion of his sales were comics, some of which were slabs. His feedback is spotless. Maybe you guys jumped the gun?

Some people have multiple ebay accounts and keep one spotless.

I appreciate it dp. That's exactly what it was. I have nothing to hide my ebay record is spotless. What I do have a problem with is endless threads about scams and witchhunts that make communities negative and toxic. But since the mods tolerate it, and the community likes it, enjoy it.

While numerous threads about possible shills might not need to be posted every day, I think the scam threads help a lot more than they do harm. I just don't see the problem with looking out for others :shrug:

endless threads about scams and witchhunts that make communities negative and toxic.

I'll take 1000 ebay scam alert threads over a single stupid thread such as this one.

Also, there are scams that do not show up on ebay FB like the guy outed here who buys slabbed PLODS cracks em and resells as unrestored. 100% pos fb because by the time buyer gets slab back from CGC it's TOO LATE.

That's why these threads are so important.

endless threads about scams and witchhunts that make communities negative and toxic.

please explain how outing a-hole scammer sellers on ebay can be considered negative to a collecting community because I am really having a tough time trying to understand your reasoning.

Another "is this a scam" thread.

Everyone's a scammer now mentality.

Buy from trusted sellers. Why is this so difficult?

please explain how outing a-hole scammer sellers on ebay can be considered negative to a collecting community because I am really having a tough time trying to understand your reasoning.

nm i stand corrected

everyones not a scammer, but if you say something fishy about bidding activity or an auction and your not sure one way of another, isn't it better to ask?

So you must have THE trusted sellers list. Wow. You got all of ebay pegged. Congrats !

Ever hear of Danny Dupcak ? I'm sure he has/had a very high ebay score. Would you consider him a trusted seller ? Do you even know who he is ?

Relying solely on his ebay feedback, I would have trusted him. Until I'd find this place.

I love reading the E-bay scam threads

I don't do e-bay as it can be a gamble and the threads reinforce my opinion.

I'd rather buy off LCS , HA and comic connect auctions

I may pay more most times but always returns available if warranted and not one book has been lost in the mail, :gossip: knock on wood

honestly it's pointless to keep this thread going if the OP already left the boards......youre basically preaching to the cuior

The OP is here commenting hm

lol ya i saw that after i posted, could have swore someone said he left

anyways you should never assume, remember "assumption is the mother of all screw ups........always make sure" (i love this quote, i norm use a curse and not screw in this) there is nothing wrong in checking and who does it hurt. it only hurts the person it's about if something is found to be off/wrong imo anyways

So a thief moves into your neighborhood, and you're quite sure he's a thief and you want other people to at least be aware of it. What do you do?

a) stay quiet for fear of making a mistake?

b) talk to your friends and neighbors about it and work through it?

c) stay quiet and get a cut of the theif's action?

You can only choose one.