• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

I can't even believe CGC allows all this continually on the boards. OTHER community forums on the internet do not.

I can say "so and so" ripped me off and give the guys ebay name (hell I've seen address and place of work in some)...

who is to say some of you are complete bull%^%^'s and try to get people to not buy books from X so they will buy books from Y. Backing up any of these stories with proof is impossible in forums... so it amounts to libel!

god when the &^&^&^ does it stop??? Not to mention I get sick of seeing more ebay scams every other day....good god...HARSHEN????

I don't get this guy-just like all our exposes we have tons of proof. Seller lifted pic from another auction, did a bait and switch. That is not slander, libel, or anything.

I can't even believe CGC allows all this continually on the boards. OTHER community forums on the internet do not.

I can say "so and so" ripped me off and give the guys ebay name (hell I've seen address and place of work in some)...

who is to say some of you are complete bull%^%^'s and try to get people to not buy books from X so they will buy books from Y. Backing up any of these stories with proof is impossible in forums... so it amounts to libel!

god when the &^&^&^ does it stop??? Not to mention I get sick of seeing more ebay scams every other day....good god...HARSHEN????

Getting proof is not impossible. Screenshots of messages is a great, easy way to prove something. There are others, but this was the first to come to my mind. I'd rather somebody post their scams with a story, and I can decide if it's enough to keep me from taking a chance on that seller in the future.

ah yes comics general the place for investigative exposes on the crooks of ebay...this doesn't change the fact that in the past couple months its one ebay scam story after another....so sick of it I don't even care about the proof because im sick of the threads.

Anyone can photoshop anything- so pictures tell us nothing

I wouldn't sell to you kav....you'd probably see a stray piece of packing foam in your cgc slab and run to the boards and complain about me

So when I go to the two ebay auctions and see the same pic that's somebody on the boards photoshopping? Ok.....

I wouldn't sell to you kav....you'd probably see a stray piece of packing foam in your cgc slab and run to the boards and complain about me

Oh dear....how will I cope?

ah yes comics general the place for investigative exposes on the crooks of ebay...this doesn't change the fact that in the past couple months its one ebay scam story after another....so sick of it I don't even care about the proof because im sick of the threads.

I will never get sick of the community being vigilant and helping to keep the hobby safe. Way too many scammers.

I will never get sick of the community being vigilant and helping to keep the hobby safe. Way too many scammers.

People defending scammers.....hmmm.....

Mind letting us know your eBay username?

Mind letting us know your eBay username?

+1000

I think the point is he doesn't want others to read them.....hmmmm.....