• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

He should get a custom title: So sick I don't even care about the proof

endless threads about scams and witchhunts that make communities negative and toxic.

please explain how outing a-hole scammer sellers on ebay can be considered negative to a collecting community because I am really having a tough time trying to understand your reasoning.

Another "is this a scam" thread.

Everyone's a scammer now mentality.

Buy from trusted sellers. Why is this so difficult?

So a thief moves into your neighborhood, and you're quite sure he's a thief and you want other people to at least be aware of it. What do you do?

a) stay quiet for fear of making a mistake?

b) talk to your friends and neighbors about it and work through it?

c) stay quiet and get a cut of the theif's action?

You can only choose one.

d) Wait until the thief finishes robbing everybody and goes out for the evening, leaving his stolen loot unattended. Then steal all the stolen merch from his home for yourself. Second thief is best thief. :banana:

then the third and final thief waltzes in and snatches everything

BAZINGA

I'd have it all sold on ebay long before the third thief got there.

I lurk a lot and read all the negative comments hurled people's way to take people down, and the threads that are allowed to stay amaze me.

My suggestions to CGC would be have a separate forum for Ebay related posts where people can release all of their venom and take down as many sellers as they can --and for members to police the boards themselves to make sure new people stick to it, That way more people can be more positive and read about the latest movies, ask silly questions, learn about some history and interact with collectors who don't post every other day about their bad buying experience or scam theories.

This is my last post for the day.

We can't even get a separate sub-forum for Movies/TV/Anime/Cartoons. meh

And btw from one that's been here since 2003 Comics General has been policing comics on eBay and other places like Craigslist since it began.

That way more people can be more positive

Positive to whom? When the scammers are unveiled it helps the whole community to be able to buy with more confidence, what's more "Positive" than that pray tell?

Nazis are invading Europe! We need to defeat them!

Ah-what's with the hate, man? Why can't you be more positive?

x80YRB.gif

You really need a back up gif. :gossip:

I lurk a lot and read all the negative comments hurled people's way to take people down, and the threads that are allowed to stay amaze me.

My suggestions to CGC would be have a separate forum for Ebay related posts where people can release all of their venom and take down as many sellers as they can --and for members to police the boards themselves to make sure new people stick to it, That way more people can be more positive and read about the latest movies, ask silly questions, learn about some history and interact with collectors who don't post every other day about their bad buying experience or scam theories.

This is my last post for the day.

If website moderators had to cleanse their messageboards of negative comments and venom, the internet would be approximately four pages long. If you visited this site long enough, you'd see that there are plenty of people who shop on Ebay and there's loads of boardies who have Ebay stores that we patronize - yes, there's lots of Ebay complaining, but that's a vocal minority. There's plenty of people who have mostly positive experiences there.

Positive to whom? When the scammers are unveiled it helps the whole community to be able to buy with more confidence, what's more "Positive" than that pray tell?

x80YRB.gif

And didn't gatchaman (or something) already regurgitate this everywhere across the boards?

x80YRB.gif

And didn't gatchaman (or something) already regurgitate this everywhere across the boards?

Yep he's like a giggling teenager posting this over and over

I can't even believe CGC allows all this continually on the boards. OTHER community forums on the internet do not.

I can say "so and so" ripped me off and give the guys ebay name (hell I've seen address and place of work in some)...

who is to say some of you are complete bull%^%^'s and try to get people to not buy books from X so they will buy books from Y. Backing up any of these stories with proof is impossible in forums... so it amounts to libel!

god when the &^&^&^ does it stop??? Not to mention I get sick of seeing more ebay scams every other day....good god...HARSHEN????

This one time, I bought a flute off of eBay from a girl who had supposedly been to band camp...

1psyflute.gif

Anyone know why the Vault grading thread was pulled?-Harshen said threads promoting the competition would be pulled I don't see how a thread mocking Vault is 'promoting the competition'....

It has always been forbidden to mention the competition here!

ALWAYS!

ALWAYS!

(as of a couple of weeks ago)

ALWAYS!

ALWAYS!

Just since they actually started feeling the heat. :gossip:

Then they should say that not use the word 'promoting'

Looks like we got a vigilante in our midst, Honey Bunny!

ALWAYS!

ALWAYS!

Just since they actually started feeling the heat. :gossip:

You have to read the fine print. :gossip::gossip:

Which is when they started feeling the heat. :gossip: :gossip: :gossip:

hey that is offensive Kav...

my great grandfather died in WWII...

he got drunk and fell out of a concentration camp tower while on duty

hm

You are seriously a piece of mess to make a comment like that especially today.

hey that is offensive Kav...

my great grandfather died in WWII...

he got drunk and fell out of a concentration camp tower while on duty

hm

You remember when you were posting about how you made a mistake, and you weren't like that, and

I accept I cannot change the opinion of some.

I wonder why no one's opinion changed.

. I have tried to make amends and no one accepted it.

:facepalm: