• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - FF #73

9 posts in this topic

7.5 IMHO! Really sharp looking copy. Some impact damage with CB creases but over all a great book! I want to give it a higher grade but the RHEF where the CB crease is holding me back. :(

I never liked covers with heroes fighting. They pretty much put me off, and more than often the stories were banal (as they were based mostly on banal misunderstandings). But of course there are due exceptions, and this story, IIRC, falls among them.

As for the grade, I’d be with a FNVF. :)

I never liked covers with heroes fighting. They pretty much put me off, and more than often the stories were banal (as they were based mostly on banal misunderstandings). But of course there are due exceptions, and this story, IIRC, falls among them.

As for the grade, I’d be with a FNVF. :)

I agree Vaillant, more often than not, hero fight comics do disappoint. But as a kid those covers do seem interesting. hm What would be the best all time hero fight? I guess that's a question for a different thread, and probably already covered.

Thanks guys for the reviews!

There are many, in fact.

For example, I found very interesting when the Shroud met first with most of Marvel heroes. Most of them were strangers to him, and he was a stranger to them – I loved when he met Spider-Woman and then teamed up with her.

And I was talking "as a kid": I remember when I first read the stories from Fantastic Four #25-26: I quite liked them, as they were pretty good, but there were a lot of other ones which were not. Avengers #1 is also pretty dull… as the meeting sounds like something "planned". I inversely love how the Defenders came to meet first (Dr. Strange #183, Sub-Mariner #22, Hulk #126: that is a GREAT story). :)