• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I made a mistake on eBay as well (like 1Cool)

208 posts in this topic

I also have experienced starting a thread that turned around and bit me

A few times

Wash your hands.

The guy is a major a-hole and I really don't want to do this...but I will.

One of the biggest complaints I have with eBay is the fact that the buyers possess 99% of the power since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback.

He probably thinks the same.....We all make mistakes. It's how it's handled after the fact that makes all the difference.

The days when sellers could leave neg FB sucked

Anytime a seller ripped you off you were afraid to leave neg so other buyers were unaware of the rip offs

Screw those days

The solution is harsher penalties for buyers abusing the system

If a buyer has 3 complaints about unpaid item, 6 mo suspension

You listed it wrong. Cancel it per his request.

Why do so many have such a problem with owning up to their mistakes? (shrug)

Exactly!!

I'm sure you're a honest seller. However, the buyer sees your ad misleading and he feels like that he's being taken advantage of.

I have notified at least two sellers who writes down 9.8 in their ad title but it is actually a 9.6

Makes me wonder if some of these folks are trying to pull a fast one.

Guess this thread didn't work out for you Brock. :eek:

If his first post is any indication, he already knew that. He said he was sure what 99% of "the masses" would say. (shrug)

Strange how the masses thought that blaming the buyer for his mistake was wrong and blatantly self serving.

I guess it's good that he realized that and owned it... lol ... of course he didn't.

Don't you love bunched up panties?

Bet he still does not think he did anything wrong or shady, and is still sending the buyer nasty messages.

But of course we are all wrong and are being snarky. :cloud9:

Exactly!!

I'm sure you're a honest seller. However, the buyer sees your ad misleading and he feels like that he's being taken advantage of.

I have notified at least two sellers who writes down 9.8 in their ad title but it is actually a 9.6

Makes me wonder if some of these folks are trying to pull a fast one.

Agree and Agree. Seller made a mistake, buyer made a mistake, I really don't see why this even needs to be a question of whether or not to let the buyer out of it. Any customer oriented business person should realize this

For the record, I did not say I didn't make a mistake. I CLEARLY made a mistake and freely admit it.

I took all the necessary steps that I was allowed to correct it (aside from cancelling the auction).

What pissed me off was the apathy the buyer took when bidding. What if the underbidder knew it was a 9.6 and bid accordingly?

The transaction has been cancelled. I didnt' realize that asking a simple question (to which I already knew the answer) would cause such a ruckus on a Monday morning.

Apparently this place has gone to the pot...

It caused a ruckus because you really don't have a great reputation around "this place". I don't know you or have any personal experiences with you, but I've read enough that keeps me from buying from you.

People like to turn on each other here. I wish I understood why. We all love comics and are in this crazy society together. I just don't get the hate.

Peace,

Chip

Who is hating? Just because we are all here on this board doesn't mean we automatically have to support one another. I have no vendetta against CC. I just thought that in this particular case he's dead wrong and it looks like he tried to pass the buck on to the bidder instead of owning up to his mistake. If I was "hating" on him, I would've probably said it looked like he intentionally deceived the bidders with a bait-and-switch listing. Which I definitely did not do.

As I noted in my first post, there seems to be a lot of people that have a real issue with taking responsibility and/or admitting fault. It's not just CC I was commenting on. I see it an awful lot here. And it's not just in eBay threads (although you definitely see it a lot there). In discussions too.

Might be better off relisting it rather than second offer. Hopefully the 2nd bidder don't think it was a shill bid. I would relist it and let it roll. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

For the record, I did not say I didn't make a mistake. I CLEARLY made a mistake and freely admit it.

I took all the necessary steps that I was allowed to correct it (aside from cancelling the auction).

What pissed me off was the apathy the buyer took when bidding. What if the underbidder knew it was a 9.6 and bid accordingly?

The transaction has been cancelled. I didnt' realize that asking a simple question (to which I already knew the answer) would cause such a ruckus on a Monday morning.

It caused a ruckus because you really don't have a great reputation around "this place". I don't know you or have any personal experiences with you, but I've read enough that keeps me from buying from you.

Dead on

As I noted in my first post, there seems to be a lot of people that have a real issue with taking responsibility and/or admitting fault. It's not just CC I was commenting on. I see it an awful lot here. And it's not just in eBay threads (although you definitely see it a lot there). In discussions too.

Denying/deflecting responsibility is a cottage industry on the CGC boards, especially when the ability to pimp cool books is in play.

Denying/deflecting responsibility is a cottage industry on the CGC boards, especially when the ability to pimp cool books is in play.

:takeit:

Dead on

I hate to pile on but since this has come up, I have felt the same way for a long time.