• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annoying MyComicShop.com Ads

27 posts in this topic

Such a waste of money MCS-anyone who frequents comic sites obviously already knows about you-it's like those dumb commercials that play advertising the show you are already watching.....

It's top-of-mind advertising. Even if you don't click through, there is still a residual subconscious benefit to you seeing those ads on every website you visit for 15 days after you go there.

Annoying, yes - but it's not wasteful in the sense of the big picture of how MCS markets itself.

Without advertising, nothing happens.

Now, if the smaller dealer could do what MCS does and advertise as aggressive as MCS does, then said dealer would increase revenue.

Gieco ads are annoying as well, but they make a fortune off of them.

That's weird I don't get those, just a lot of ads for adult toys - oooops - nevermind.

Amazon is 100x worse! My 22 year old female cousin was using my laptop. I logged into Amazon and my splash page was loaded with she was looking at and different items that "I" may be interested in. Ummmm, no.... and very awkward.

Houston, we have a problem!

MCS is based in Dallas. But we can try to help fix their screw-up.

I can understand the MCS ads, because there are a lot of people searching for comic-related things and not even knowing that they were comics first (GotG, for example).

But car insurance is something else. I have had the same car insurance for 20+ years. I've never been tempted to switch. Who switches insurance that often?