• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - TALES TEEN TITANS 44 1ST NIGHTWING - HELP! GRADE IS IN

19 posts in this topic

so I found this beautiful looking copy in a estate sale for 50 cents, unbagged, no board, in between some other books. What I don't know is the defect on the first blue T on the front cover. It's not water damage (I've seen a lot of water damage books in my time) it's not a piece of material, it looks like a defect from the coloring but really don't know. Regardless it's being shipped tomorrow so I will provide a grade when I find out. Thoughts?

GRADE IN SPOILERS BELOW

9.8 WHITE

comic136_zpse21ce9d7.jpegcomic137_zps698f498d.jpeg

ADDITIONAL PICS OF DEFECT IN SPOILERS

FE1D21F6-8834-486F-BDB6-58DBC3798238_zps8ubmy5bz.jpg6E1C7714-D1DC-4C30-96A7-6126BEBF624E_zps1gymiajt.jpg

not at all, that's why I'm dumbfounded. it such a weird stain/dot/defect, I'll add more pics in a bit

Interesting. Do you ever think it is funny that we as grown men will spend so much time thinking about something as inconsequential as a dot on a comic book? I do, yet I will still spend a couple of hours today pondering what caused it lol

not at all, that's why I'm dumbfounded. it such a weird stain/dot/defect, I'll add more pics in a bit

Interesting. Do you ever think it is funny that we as grown men will spend so much time thinking about something as inconsequential as a dot on a comic book? I do, yet I will still spend a couple of hours today pondering what caused it lol

I think it's funny that you consider us "grown men" lol

it's a bit weird when this starts crossing into other parts of your life.

I am sure it's just a ink printing problem, like a blotch. It seems like have seen

that hundreds of times and would have no affect on the grade. 2c

+1 My first thoughts when I saw. It dirt in the printer jet during the process = printing defect = not a problem.

9.4 IMHO! I think the spine tics, although minor will keep it from grading higher. The TLBC is just turned down. Were you considering a press and clean before having it slabbed? I wouldn't be surprised of someone turned it into a 9.8?!!

I am sure it's just a ink printing problem, like a blotch. It seems like have seen

that hundreds of times and would have no affect on the grade. 2c

no effect on, or not affect the ;)

What it looks like to me is that something moist got onto it, like a bit of food, and when someone picked it off, after it dried, it took a bit of ink with it.

I don't know what CGC deducts for the moist-food-picked-off-once-dried problem, but I like the 9.4.

MFPOOD! in the grader notes. lol

smiley-signs127.gif else want to offer up some grading thoughts on Hector's book? PLEASE??

Well . . . o.k.

hm

:sorry:

:busy:

:idea:

9.2/9.4