• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM King Size Special 4

8 posts in this topic

I have a number in mind, but I haven't been grading long so I would like to see how far off I am. Mostly concerned with the spine issues, quite a bit of creasing there. Larger images in the links (which I hope work correctly).

Thanks for looking, I appreciate feedback. Still trying to learn all this stuff.

8AdUrM9l.jpg

http://imgur.com/8AdUrM9

qW4Pkk9l.jpg

http://imgur.com/qW4Pkk9

The ripple effect you see on the back cover image is not uncommon for a square bound book and would not factor into the grading scheme. But all too typical of a square bound book is the spine creases/reader creases visible on the front cover.

4.5 IMHO! Still a really nice book! Just a little too much going on with the spine.

Yeah this issue is notorious for problems with the glue in the spine. My copy's glue has gone crystalline and yellowy-brown. Little bits fall out from time to time. The spine is separating from the body of the book all over the place.

But enough about MY copy.

This one I'd give 4.5/5.0.

The ripple effect you see on the back cover image is not uncommon for a square bound book and would not factor into the grading scheme.

It may be common in square-bounds, but the extent of the rippling always factors into the grade. :sumo:

The ripple effect you see on the back cover image is not uncommon for a square bound book and would not factor into the grading scheme.

It may be common in square-bounds, but the extent of the rippling always factors into the grade. :sumo:

+1 You're right on David.