• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Ebay seller surprise... *shakes head in dismay*

82 posts in this topic

At the end of April, I emailed some sellers asking which of two colors was on the back cover of a comic since only the front cover was shown. I didn't want to ask for a scan because if it was the standard color rather than a misprint (what I was after), then I didn't want them to waste their time with scanning, resizing, uploading, emailing, etc. I received a few responses and struck out.

Fast forward to June 8th. I received a message through Ebay from one of the sellers I contacted on April 28th out of the blue. Here is their message, and I quote:

"OMG so glad you asked its this misprint edition I never would have known if you did not ask I will keep it for my own collection and keep the regular edition on auction Thank you so Much

- witchandspawn"

:facepalm:

Me:

"And I'm left empty-handed for the effort. :(

Better had you not told me anything..."

"sorry !!"

Followup message:

"if you had not sent me a message I would have sent it to you unknowing if that helps"

:facepalm::facepalm:

"Well, not really. I'm the one that's been searching for a nice misprint copy this entire time.

I asked whether Spawn was red or green on the back to save you the trouble of taking a picture and sending it, in case Spawn was red. Then I get a message that basically says "OMG Spawn is green! I'm keeping it! Thanks!"

Yeah... Not cool.

A quote comes to mind as I write this : "No good deed goes unpunished.""

"and you would be right on that quote sorry"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

They just couldn't resist trying to rub salt in the wound. This person either has zero imagination and is completely self-centered, thus being incapable of viewing a situation from another person's perspective, or is a cretin that enjoys pushing peoples' buttons. They also don't seem to understand that repeating "sorry" like that makes it very disingenuous.

*Sigh...* Well, I guess I'll just ask for pictures from now on. (shrug)

I'm confused

Comics General = the new eBay Journal Forum (thumbs u

Pretty much. I saw similar threads here and thought, why not? hm

Is the misprint worth more? Is this thread a joke?

I'm confused

Yeah, it's tougher to find.

Not a joke... what would give you that idea?

I'm confused

Because it reads like you're trying to pull a fast one and feel cheated when it didn't work.

So I guess if you inform a seller that what they have is (I'm assuming) worth more, then they have to sell it to you? I don't see how if you didn't buy it or place a bid on it, that the seller is somehow in the wrong for deciding to keep an, as of yet, unsold item.

There's a little saying on Slickdeals that comes to mind, "Never call the store". You sir, "called the store".

They just couldn't resist trying to rub salt in the wound. This person either has zero imagination and is completely self-centered, thus being incapable of viewing a situation from another person's perspective, or is a cretin that enjoys pushing peoples' buttons.

Welcome to the Internet. :hi:

I'm confused

Because it reads like you're trying to pull a fast one and feel cheated when it didn't work.

So I guess if you inform a seller that what they have is (I'm assuming) worth more, then they have to sell it to you? I don't see how if you didn't buy it or place a bid on it, that the seller is somehow in the wrong for deciding to keep an, as of yet, unsold item.

There's a little saying on Slickdeals that comes to mind, "Never call the store". You sir, "called the store".

It amazes me how so many people here miss the point so easily and instead grab a pitchfork at the first opportunity.

I was not trying to "pull a fast one" or felt that I was entitled to the purchase.

I asked if the back cover is red or green. I didn't say anything else. Red = I do not buy it. Green = I'll go ahead and buy it.

Now, the problem that I have is when the seller messages me six weeks later and says "It's the misprint! I'm keeping it! Thanks!" Why the hell did they need to message me to let me know that? To rub it in? To gloat? Nobody wants to hear something like that. THAT'S the point.

I'm confused

It amazes me how so many people here miss the point so easily and instead grab a pitchfork at the first opportunity.

I was not trying to "pull a fast one" or felt that I was entitled to the purchase.

I asked if the back cover is red or green. I didn't say anything else. Red = I do not buy it. Green = I'll go ahead and buy it.

Now, the problem that I have is when the seller messages me six weeks later and says "It's the misprint! I'm keeping it! Thanks!" Why the hell did they need to message me to let me know that? To rub it in? To gloat? Nobody wants to hear something like that. THAT'S the point.

They THANKED you for giving them the heads up. Not gloating. No point missed.