• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just came across this on eBay...most confusing description ever?

16 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-29-Mimic-Leaves-Stan-Lee-1967-Super-Adaptoid-Avengers-CGC-or-PGX-/301206284532?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item46214b28f4

This part is not confusing...but my favorite line:

Book(s) will be shipped in a magazine envelope with cardboard support. Please ensure post delivery knows to not fold/bend shipment when being delivered

lol

"Dear Mr. Postman, please tell your postman friends in other states along the mail route not to bend any of my mail, I have an important package arriving." lol

I love entire paragraphs describing CGC's grading policy while selling an ungraded book. One of you has to type the guy a very serious question about the best way to ensure the postal guys dont bend my book while traveling across country. lol

Yeah, much of that description is funny. I can't imagine why they don't have any bidders on it lol.

It also just sounds like they're being cheap with "Upgraded shipping to a box is available for an additional charge upon request." Especially since they're charging $5.00 just for first class shipping.

man the kids really took it hard when Mimic left Stan Lee... I thought they would be married forever...

Actually, back then they couldn't get married. But now that it's being legalized in some states, I think Mimic chickened out.

One of you has to type the guy a very serious question about the best way to ensure the postal guys dont bend my book while traveling across country. lol

Why don't you do it? :baiting:

Quote: Please ensure post delivery knows to not fold/bend shipment when being delivered

That's actually a valid last line. Regardless of cardboard stiffness and "DO NOT BEND", my mail man insists on trying to get the priority flat rate envelopes in my mail box and there's always a bend, and a prayer from me that he got the non-spine side of the comic when I open it.

Considering getting a bigger mail box because of him.

Quote: Please ensure post delivery knows to not fold/bend shipment when being delivered

That's actually a valid last line. Regardless of cardboard stiffness and "DO NOT BEND", my mail man insists on trying to get the priority flat rate envelopes in my mail box and there's always a bend, and a prayer from me that he got the non-spine side of the comic when I open it.

But the best part is that he puts the onus on the BUYER to make sure the package arrives undamaged...

the seller has all the ability (pack securely, pack in a box, write "do not bend" on it) but he puts responsibility on the buyer...

I can already see the claim.

Buyer: Hey the book arrived damaged, so Im returning it for "not as described."

Seller: I told you to tell the mail man not to bend it, it's not my fault, Im not refunding.

:facepalm:

What is the best way for me to let the other delivery people and sorters know not to bend it as it goes through different sorting and delivery facilities? Is there an e-mail blast I can send them? :grin:

What is the best way for me to let the other delivery people and sorters know not to bend it as it goes through different sorting and delivery facilities?

Go to the seller's home, pick up the book, bring a big (as needed) box with tape to the local PO, and ship yourself. Make sure to add holes so they can clearly hear you. This will also allow you to breathe, which is like free added insurance when you think about it hm If you aren't dead, you can be sure each destination is properly alerted (thumbs u