• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not sure if I'm going about this the right way? Issue with board member.

59 posts in this topic

I'm pretty new to the boards and I'm even newer to buying off the boards so I'm not sure if I'm over reacting here or what. I purchased a presale spiderman 1 variant from the user Diamonddave on April 28th, 2014. When the book came in, he sent me pics via PM, which I approved, and he then sent an invoice on May 20th, 2014. I paid the invoice on May 20th as well. Everything seemed good and he said he'd update me with a tracking number, which didn't happen. Ah well, I thought. Maybe he forgot or whatever, no biggie.

I noticed that he had removed himself from the conversation, but again being new to the boards I figured that happens if the chat is left idle for too long.

XrNXpaH.jpeg

I sent him another message on June 11th, 2014 asking if the book was shipped and the message says he saw it and didn't respond. Today I sent a message telling him that if he didn't respond by today I would file for a refund via PayPal and again, its showing that he saw this message but didn't respond.

0BFLess.jpeg

I know I said I'd give him until the end of the day, but if he's seen it and hasn't responded, I doubt he will so I filed a claim with PayPal.

bB2HtmW.jpeg

This is my first purchase off the boards and I'm not sure if I'm over reacting or not but since I'm new to PayPal, I really don't feel like waiting any longer without any communication and losing $225.00.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I have only found the kudos sub forum and that says its for positive feedback.

Thank you.

Sorry about the problem. I'm new here too, but I've seen enough to realize that the buyer carries most of the risk in a purchase. You need to specify how you want it shipped, and if insurance is needed. Based on what you're saying, the buyer isn't helping at all. This is where a fully honest Kudos thread would help. Hope things work out for you.

Repost this in the Probation Discussions thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425

Seems like Dave has some explaining to do ...

Done and done, thanks.

I probably would have started a "Has anyone heard from Diamonddave lately?" thread before this thread, but you certainly have the right to protect yourself by opening a case.

Probation discussion?

Good luck.

I checked his post history before hand and saw that he has been posting lately. Yesterday was his last post. Thanks.

I don't think Dave is trying to stiff you bro. I've bought from him once and he was cool. Hopefully he makes everything whole again for you. That sucks though for sure.
Yeah, he probably just hasn't been posting.

Repost this in the Probation Discussions thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425

Seems like Dave has some explaining to do ...

Done and done, thanks.

I probably would have started a "Has anyone heard from Diamonddave lately?" thread before this thread, but you certainly have the right to protect yourself by opening a case.

Probation discussion?

Good luck.

I check his post history before hand and saw that he has been posting lately. Yesterday was his last post. Thanks.

Yep, I see that now. doh! I assumed he has not been posting because it wasn't mentioned.

A patronizing "bro" always make me think that everything will be alright.