• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Zeck Sketch Opp 2014 - FEW SPOTS REMAIN - OPP CLOSES 6/17 @ 10PM

72 posts in this topic

Mike Zeck Sketch Opp - 2014

Mike Zeck has been gracious enough to offer another limited sketch opportunity to these boards. Mike stopped taking commission requests 10+ years ago, so these sketch covers are a great opportunity to get something my Mike. He only offers an opp here once a year and last year spots went in record time.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RULES FOR CHARACTER REQUEST & THIS OPP-----

1. Sketch requests may only include characters that Mike has drawn before

2. Background is NOT included, but design elements may be added based on the artists discretion.

3. Certain complex character designs (ie Galactus, Deathstroke) will require an additional fee at Mikes discretion.

4. Black Suit Spider-man requests are for BUST and FULL figure only

5. Sketches will be done at Mikes home studio and will be completed in conjunction with other commitments. The sketches will be completed as quickly as possible, but may take as much a one year to complete.

6. DO NOT email, tweet or PM Mike about your request, changes and/or when it will be completed. Any questions about the opp should be posted in the PM group or through a PM to me directly.

Unlike my 4 previous opps with Mike, this time there will be THREE different sketch options for this round limited to 20 total sketches. This is the FIRST TIME full figure sketches are being offered to the general public.

In order to secure a spot please post a :takeit: here in this thread after 9pm EST on MONDAY 6/16. Spots will fill up FAST (last opp all spots were taken in less than 5min)

Sketch Fees:

DETAILED HEADSKETCH – $200

BUST - $300

FULL FIGURE - $400 (limited to 5 total requests)

Price includes:

- Mike's Fee

- BLANK

- Prepped TOP LOADER

- Shipping & Insurance to CGC

- CGC Fees (Grading, Encapsulation,invoice)

- Shipping & Insurance to you (international shipping will be more)

OUTSIDE OF THE SKETCH OPP (and currently available)

REMARKS

Mike has also agreed to accept a limited number of request for REMARKS (signature and small sketch on your comic)

- $100 Modern

- $115 Economy

Price includes:

- Mikes Fee

- Shipping & Insurance to CGC

- CGC Fees (Grading, Encapsulation,invoice)

- Shipping & Insurance to you (international shipping will be more

Fast track is NOT included but can be added for $10. For those who have not participated in one of my opps, I would recommend this option since it will decreases the amount of time the book is at CGC for grading.

Below is a list of some of the blanks available for this opp.

Marvel Blanks are PRE-Marvel Now (ie no RED BARS on the bottom) and include:

- A+X

- Avenging Spider-man #1

- Batman #0

- Daredevil #1

- Deadpool #50

- Defenders #1

- Fear Itself #

- Ghost Rider #1

- Green Lantern

- Hit-Girl #1

- Hulk #50

- Incredible Hulk #1

- Justice League #16

- Justice League Unity

- Mighty Thor #1

- Punisher #1 (Marvel Now)

- Secret Invasion #1

- Uncanny X-Men #1

- Wolverine the Best there is #1

- Wolverine & the X-Men #1

- X-Men #7

I have limited amount of additional blanks, however if you would like to send your own blank please subtract $5 from the total.

Payment is accepted in the form of Check, MO or Paypal. Paypal payments to Par2ch@yahoo.com. Deadline to have your payment in hand is 6/19, if payment is not relieved by 6/19 your spot will be forfeited. .

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Once all the spots are filled I will contact those who secured a spot directly through a private message (PM) group.

SAMPLE SKETCHES

Detailed Headsketch

ShangChi.jpg

Daredevil.jpg

Spidey-1.jpg

Bust

kravenME.jpg

Venom.jpgDOOM.jpg

Punsiher3.jpg

Full Figure

punisher%20ME.jpg

nbyx0lbn_0302142152571.jpg

baccus-1-1.jpg

1612122127171.jpg

REMARKS

0709132213341.jpg

0709132208501.jpg

2507131907441.jpg

1901131224261.jpg

1112121443531.jpg

Very cool - I have a few pieces by Mike and I've noticed that he uses the two signatures.

It seems the more traditional sig is used for prelims and less detailed sketches while the Zeck is used for higher quality commissions. But looking at some of the examples above, I'm not so sure. Is there any more to it than that?

Can we get sig done without a remark? If so, how much will it cost?

Yes regular sigs are also being accepted. You will also be able to add Bob Mcleod and john beatty (private signing) and anyone else attending the tampabaycomiccon. Those interested can pm me for details

Dan posted one of mine above that he got for me last time. Dan is great to deal with and Zeck does a fantastic job. Gotta post this one again as I really love it. I jjust left it up to him as to what remark to add. It turned out great.

2507131907441.jpg

Remarks and regular signatures open for the taking right now. Several have already been claimed

:takeit: regular sigs