• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Canuck 10

18 posts in this topic

bokmal.gif studying the front cover..........................

studying the back cover.....................................bokmal.gif

9.2 IMHO! For real this time! Some very minor spine stress, the corners are deceiving but I think that they are sharp and the art work makes them look blunted or damaged. There may be some impact damage along the top of the front cover but here again it may be the art (turns out it is), but I can't be sure (so now I am sure).

On the back cover it appears to be slightly soiled but it may appear less so in hand. There may be a slight corner impact on the LRBC but again it is difficult to confirm. This isn't a common book by any means.

Nice copy Jimmers! How's Ottawa treating you?

6.5 bad corners and what looks to be moisture damage on FC top right corner.

Actually I believe what you are thinking is water damage is actually part of the art work. The corners are pretty sharp for the most part on this book! And what I perceived as possible impact damage along the top of the front cover is also part of the artwork.

9.2 IMHO! For real this time! Some very minor spine stress, the corners are deceiving but I think that they are sharp and the art work makes them look blunted or damaged. There may be some impact damage along the top of the front cover but here again it may be the art (turns out it is), but I can't be sure (so now I am sure).

On the back cover it appears to be slightly soiled but it may appear less so in hand. There may be a slight corner impact on the LRBC but again it is difficult to confirm. This isn't a common book by any means.

Weather is odd,but other than that,great!Hope you are well as well!

You are correct that there is no water,or ice lol damage,but upper right corner does have a little ding,and the soiling on the back looks worse on the scanner.

I don't know why this series is so tough for me...only have1,2,7,9 and ten...

Oh,and there is a smallcorner impact eagle eyes.Thanks all for the time and opinions,extra to timern for going the extra kilometer!!!

Weather is odd,but other than that,great!Hope you are well as well!

You are correct that there is no water,or ice lol damage,but upper right corner does have a little ding,and the soiling on the back looks worse on the scanner.

I don't know why this series is so tough for me...only have1,2,7,9 and ten...

Oh,and there is a smallcorner impact eagle eyes.Thanks all for the time and opinions,extra to timern for going the extra kilometer!!!

Well, it didn't sell when it came out so much of it was warehoused by Comely, and than the publishing house went out of business, than Comely went out of business. That mixed with putting the book on pause for brief moments is probably why its so hard to find.

Send me a PM, I can probably find all issues but #13 for you.

6.5 bad corners and what looks to be moisture damage on FC top right corner.

Actually I believe what you are thinking is water damage is actually part of the art work. The corners are pretty sharp for the most part on this book! And what I perceived as possible impact damage along the top of the front cover is also part of the artwork.

I was just looking at the scans of the book. I'm not up on Captain Canuck's poor printing errors.

What is the white spot on the forearm below the e in Beyond and there is another on the lower BC?

I think this book tops out 8.0 without help.

No,no tape pulls,that is just I believe a 'reflecion of light' bubble!? lol

I shall get up a better scan to end this controversy.Also,Jimmy,thanks sir,when I get some extra scratch,pm is on its way,hopefully you still have an extra colouring book or two

Happy Fathers Day everyone,

Jimmers

No,no tape pulls,that is just I believe a 'reflecion of light' bubble!? lol

I shall get up a better scan to end this controversy.Also,Jimmy,thanks sir,when I get some extra scratch,pm is on its way,hopefully you still have an extra colouring book or two

Happy Fathers Day everyone,

Jimmers

The spot on the back cover,groin area I am gonna have to look at again....

I think if you take the time to look closely you'll notice that the "tape pull" is almost assuredly a loose piece of paper as it appears to be the same shape and dimension on the front and back covers. Probably a loose piece of paper during the scanning process that electrostatically charged and stuck to the scanner screen. It appears to be in almost the same area relatively speaking.