• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fingh's Wild Roller Coaster Ride aka Asbury Park

75 posts in this topic

Interesting books Sean! I like the post and getting to see a bunch of stuff out of my usual realm of collecting.

Thanks for sharing! I wish I sent a Kitchen Sink Spirit #1 for Dennis Kitchen now that I think about it!

Peace!

Big Wow's are shipping! Might have to piggy back your thread with mine!

Great books BTW!

Unless you cheaped out on fast track, in which case, Happy Halloween!

Yeah, that would be me :cry: I paid for pressing instead.

Liam Sharp, whom I don't understand why he didn't get more work

photo_zps4b5b3b2e.jpg

I heard slow rumors.

I have missed JH Williams III at least twice at SD, including last year. He is doing the art for the Sandman prequel, which is being lettered by the amazing Todd Klein. Nerd though I am, I am not one to typically gush over letterers, Klein's work on Sandman and Promethea are a goodly part of why the books are so amazing. Getting them both on the same book makes me happy.

photo_zpse0e38dd1.jpg

Ouch... this one cuts to the core :(

Wish I had been on top of this.

This book got on my radar after discovering that it has very early Dave Stevens art. I have a couple copies, but this one was far and away the superior copy. Joel got me Bruce Simon, Larry Todd and Scott Shaw who all contributed to the anthology-style book.

photo_zps6edc9d78.jpg

Weird book #2. This copy of Promethea just missed the cut of going over for Alan Moore a couple of years ago. It is very sharp. It also was manufactured with the first two wraps twice and missing the last two wraps entirely. In a beautiful example of how manufacturer's errors are treated (and this is not sarcasm, I have posted on it many times) I am left with a OAK that is likely to stand for all time.

photo_zps44c8b24d.jpg

Still gorgeous.