• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**ALERT** Jay Abernathy aka Jays Jay's Collectables from Pulaski TN

149 posts in this topic

Joe, the problem is I don't look like you. If I looked like you people wouldn't screw with me at all. :)

I'm not giving up...I'm going to keep going until something cracks or until April tells me I'm far too stressed out and I need to let it go.

That all being said, I'm very happy it worked out for Joe.

Peace,

Chip

Regardless of your personal view of what restored books are worth, that's about 1/4 of what an unrestored 8.5 would fetch and that's with the current stigma against restored books. So for that part of the situation, IF the deal had gone as planned, I'd have been 100% content. with a PLOD 8.5 Avengers 1 in my collection. REGARDLESS, that doesn't belittle the fact that I didn't receive my items and this guy's out there. He also has over 2k in books from another person that sent books as a trade and received nothing.

My books were sent express, insured for 2k, with signature required. I'm waiting for a copy of the signature, as the post office has been contacted, along with local (RI and TN) police, as well as a Federal fraud report, and a discussion with a Federal Agent about the situation.

He still claims that he sent the wrong box. I'm trying to be optimistic, but also making sure that all the reports are in place to press charges and more if needed.

Thanks

Joe

SO you slandered a person's livelihood over something that could be an honest mistake?

You need to calm down and collect all the facts first before you sit in front of your computer.

OK, I'll send you a DVD instead of a 2k book and ignore you (he'd seen my FB messages but hadn't responded) and see how you react.

Like how you initially did it - gather all the e-mail exchanges and report it as a potential theft to the authorities. However, I will wait a for a formal response from the other party before I start throwing mud at him/her.

Now that you have shamed this person to the collector's community, you may have a hard time getting any form of cooperation.

I wish you all the best as $2K is no chump change.

What the heck are you talking about?

Shameful how some "turn" on the OP/blame the victim doh! . Why would he have a hard time to get cooperation from the collecting community???? That makes ZERO sense.

Why would Joe need cooperation from the collecting community? Re-read my post and you'll see that I was referring to the "scammer" as the person who may not give full cooperation.

Did I blame the original poster? If I were to blame him, I would have said that he should have done his homework first and not do thousands of dollars worth of comic book transaction through facebook?

UPDATE ..... The box with my original 5 books that had been sent to Jay/Josh arrived, I videoed my opening of it, just in case anything was wrong. But all 5 books are still slabbed and in the condition they were in. I hope that Josh takes care in his future comic book dealings better.

Glad to hear.

:applause: That's great news! Hopefully the wheels of justice crush that lying tool bag. :sumo: