• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Warlock #8

13 posts in this topic

Who's got the best soul gem on Earth 616? Warlock, that's who!

Is this the end of Warlock? Probably not! So does the editorial team pick certain super heroes that have to die, but not die, die and be reborn? I dunno...maybe it's just part of Warlock's Jesus shtick?

Interesting fact. Roy Thomas's Warlock series was influenced by the 70's musical Jesus Christ Superstar.

Anyhow, onto the good stuff. This was bought from Metropolis as a

A couple of spine indentations near top front staple. Very flat, solid gloss. Spine tic left of Warlock's head in corner box, 3 or 4 other spine tics visible on front. Chip on lower left corner, more visible on back. 2 or 3 pressable creases on back. Interior pages OW/W. No hidden defects.

So how much does that corner affect the grade?

Big Pic front

Big Pic rear

jiJDl3Ll.jpg

SaS5myOl.jpg

They didn't even ship it with a backing board.

That just makes me Jfa0nrO.gif

There, there David. Save your anger for those that are "more deserving"!?coffeescreen.gif

But honestly, no backing board? That's ridiculous, ridiculous I say!

9.2 IMHO! Really nice copy and the spine stress appears to be pressable as you noted.

EDIT:

:facepalm: Looked at the front cover and forgot to look at the back cover. Got side tracked!! With the corner chips I revised my grade to 9.2!

I’d say a bit less than NM, 9.0-9.2 maybe?

Without a backing board? Awesome!

junk

Grade it, you lazy smart@zz! :baiting:lol

I can't grade what I can't see . . . :grin:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Toggle the display of this post