• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS loses two high-value books, Bat #49 and GL #1, please keep an eye out!

133 posts in this topic

How would they know the package was delivered to this J HITCHER if he didn't sign for it...how else would they know his name? I know for a fact I've never had a USPS delivery person ever check my id...even for registered mail packages! How the hell do they know I'm who I say I am?!

Is that true?!? I always have to sign for mine, but that's because I always have to pick it up at the post office.

Oh they make me sign, but how do they know that I'm who the package is supposed to go to? You would think with all the signing and checking that registered mail supposedly goes through that the most obvious thing would be to check the recipient's id!

One thing that scares me is when I send packages to places that the item inside coincides with the company name and either shipping or receiving bugs me. I would rather send comics to just "Metro" vs Comicconnect. When I ship to Lone Star Comics, I leave off "Comics". Not all postal carriers are crooked, but some are. My carrier saw one time I got a package back from NGC, he asked what kind of coins were they? WTF?

that's really sucks, sorry to hear that.

I renewed my collectors insurance in a FedEx office on the phone last time when I had to ship 6 figures of stuff,

hope they find it

How would they know the package was delivered to this J HITCHER if he didn't sign for it...how else would they know his name? I know for a fact I've never had a USPS delivery person ever check my id...even for registered mail packages! How the hell do they know I'm who I say I am?!

Not sure how that all works, but the tracking shows delivered to J HITCHER, but when I requested proof of delivery, they sent me this...

POD_zps9e0e9c74.jpg

As with any crime, it would be interesting to know more about the last person to see it: the USPS employee. I wonder if they've "lost" any other expensive packages?

It wouldn't be the first time a delivery person simply trashed everything in a local dumpster because the turd was to lazy to make the actual delivery.

Man, this really sucks. I hope someone finds the books or you reach a positive resolution.

Would somebody be able to sue/file a court claim if it was signature confirmation, and they didn't check IDs/deliver to the correct person?

Not sure how that all works, but the tracking shows delivered to J HITCHER, but when I requested proof of delivery, they sent me this...

POD_zps9e0e9c74.jpg

As with any crime, it would be interesting to know more about the last person to see it: the USPS employee. I wonder if they've "lost" any other expensive packages?

It wouldn't be the first time a delivery person simply trashed everything in a local dumpster because the turd was to lazy to make the actual delivery.

My thought was that they (USPS employee) saw where it was going and made up the fictional name of "J HITCHER". Funny that an item, with Signature Confirmation, has no signature to speak of. As someone else asked, how does the USPS even know who it was "supposedly" delivered to? Does the USPS employee punch the name into his handheld? He could have entered ANYTHING into his handheld, if there is no accountability on his part (i.e. the fictional person doesn't have to sign for it).

My thought was that they (USPS employee) saw where it was going and made up the fictional name of "J HITCHER". Funny that an item, with Signature Confirmation, has no signature to speak of. As someone else asked, how does the USPS even know who it was "supposedly" delivered to? Does the USPS employee punch the name into his handheld? He could have entered ANYTHING into his handheld, if there is no accountability on his part (i.e. the fictional person doesn't have to sign for it).

Jeff

Does it have signature confirmation or delivery confirmation? I think there is a difference. Delivery confirm doesn't require a signature.

Jeff

Does it have signature confirmation or delivery confirmation? I think there is a difference. Delivery confirm doesn't require a signature.

I always get signature confirmation.

Jeff

Then this really is a dump by USPS. Good luck!

Call up Metropolis / Comic Connect and ask them to give a call to the other offices in the building. If you want to do it, then go ahead. See if there is a J Hitcher employed by any of the other businesses that share building space with Vinny and Co. Hitcher may not work for Metropolis but they may work in the same building. The postman may have handed it off to wrong suite.

Anyone who works in that building would know Metropolis is there and the value of the books that they deal with since Metropolis makes the news every so often with a new record sale.

You would be looking for any business located at:

873 Broadway

New York, NY 10003

Metropolis is located in suite #201.

Here is a list of businesses that are at the same address:

https://www.google.com/search?q=873+Broadway+%23201%2c+New+York%2c+NY+10003+(800)+229-6387&oq=873+Broadway+%23201%2c+New+York%2c+NY+10003+(800)+229-6387&aqs=chrome..69i57.181j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#q=873+Broadway+New+York%2c+NY+10003+

I like the USPS and generally they are (at least in my opinion) better than every other delivery service. However, when they once left a package on the doorstep that was supposed to be signed for, containing an AF15, ASM1 and ASM 129. It sat there the whole day.

Nothing surprises me.

Jeff

Then this really is a dump by USPS. Good luck!

Thanks. Steve Fishler is doing everything he can on his end to locate the package. I have more faith in him than in the USPS.

Call up Metropolis / Comic Connect and ask them to give a call to the other offices in the building. If you want to do it, then go ahead. See if there is a J Hitcher employed by any of the other businesses that share building space with Vinny and Co. Hitcher may not work for Metropolis but they may work in the same building. The postman may have handed it off to wrong suite.

Anyone who works in that building would know Metropolis is there and the value of the books that they deal with since Metropolis makes the news every so often with a new record sale.

873 Broadway

New York, NY 10003

https://www.google.com/search?q=873+Broadway+%23201%2c+New+York%2c+NY+10003+(800)+229-6387&oq=873+Broadway+%23201%2c+New+York%2c+NY+10003+(800)+229-6387&aqs=chrome..69i57.181j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#q=873+Broadway+New+York%2c+NY+10003+

I like the USPS and generally they are (at least in my opinion) better than every other delivery service. However, when they once left a package on the doorstep that was supposed to be signed for, containing an AF15, ASM1 and ASM 129. It sat there the whole day.

Nothing surprises me.

Thanks for the info. Steve is on the case. (thumbs u

You would think with all the signing and checking that registered mail supposedly goes through that the most obvious thing would be to check the recipient's id!

They can't. It would disenfranchise the mail recipients who don't have proper id.

873 Broadway

New York, NY 10003

Nothing surprises me.

They left an very expensive piece of jewelry I bought for the wife on my doorstep the other day, that was signature confirmed. I am beginning to notice a real lack of professionalism across the board with USPS lately and will be looking into shipping alternatives.

You would think with all the signing and checking that registered mail supposedly goes through that the most obvious thing would be to check the recipient's id!

They can't. It would disenfranchise the mail recipients who don't have proper id.

But they always check my ID when I pick up packages at the post office.

873 Broadway

New York, NY 10003

Nothing surprises me.

They left an very expensive piece of jewelry I bought for the wife on my doorstep the other day, that was signature confirmed. I am beginning to notice a real lack of professionalism across the board with USPS lately and will be looking into shipping alternatives.

I'm always dumbfounded when I get home and my packages are sitting out in the rain. Often times they'd fit inside my storm door too and the guy was too lazy to open it up. Our usual mail carrier is pretty good, but he disappears for long stretches and it is different people everyday when he is gone.

Very sorry to hear this. It's horrible that they simply just don't care. People's livelihoods are important...when you screw up like this, you screw up people's lives.

It makes me angry. Images of my daughter while she was percolating inside April are clearer than those "signature" pictures. Total BS.

Best of luck getting those gems back. Beautiful books.

Peace,

Chip