• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2015!!! JUNE 19-21

285 posts in this topic

I'm planning on making the road trip down to experience the Heroes this year. I'm just formulating plans but I'm hoping to have this Con be my first one where I attend all 4 days. I've got an Uncle and Aunt who live in Charlotte so I could crash with them but I'm curious if there is a central hotel which would be cool to stay at. So many questions but I guess I've got 5 months to make my plans.

Anyone know how people split booth space? If you have split a booth with someone (especially if it was at this event) please send me a PM. Thanks.

Thanks man. Looks like there is no preview night on Thursday so I'll only need to take the one day off. I'll probably just save the cash and stay with family - more money for comics.

if you know the right people there is a preview night lol

Thanks man. Looks like there is no preview night on Thursday so I'll only need to take the one day off. I'll probably just save the cash and stay with family - more money for comics.

if you know the right people there is a preview night lol

If you can make it to the floor on Thursday.............that's Preview night

:banana:

Sounds like it's a very good chance I will be selling at Heroes this year so I'll definetely get to see the mythical Thursday night preview.

I think ive stayed at every nice hotel in charlotte, with the exception of the hyatt place.

The westin and hilton are great for convenience to the con but rate rather low on my list. The westin isnt even very nice imo. The lobby is grand and the staff is A+ but the rooms suck. Not to mention its convenient only to the con and on the very outskirt of uptown.

If you like to party, Aloft or the omni is your spot. Nothing like being only an elevator ride away from a dozen clubs and bars.

As for rooms, the ritz carlton and Hyatt house have it on lock. I especially love the hyatt house because its only about 2 years old. Full kitchen with hardwood and granite full living room with couches and a bigscreen.

If youre looking for convenience on a budget, you cant beat the hampton. It actually has the shortest exterior walk of anywhere you can stay. Literally cross the street into the auxillary caldwell st convention center entrance in the blazing NC june heat and the rest of trek is in the AC.

just saw the con rate for the westin is 134$ a night. thats almost 20 bucks higher than previous years..

I booked 3 months ago for $209 a night. lol

Time to contact the Westin.

I turns out I can't crash with family while in Charlotte so I'm looking at hotels. I know the downtown hotels will run me at least $450 or so for the 3 nights but I can drop that cost in half if I use Priceline and stay a few minutes away out of downtown. I will be selling at the Con for the first time so other then convenience is there anything I should consider when I decide on a place to stay?