• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is Calamerica trying to get banned?

714 posts in this topic

This whole thing is so ridiculous and disingenuous.

Cal is who he is. You can think of him as disruptive, but the fact is people respond to his "disruptive" posts by further antagonizing him, knowing that he'll take the bait and respond with further "disruption"; then multiple threads are created about that disruption, exacerbating it, because hey, it's always fun to take shots at a perceived outcast, and who want to miss an opportunity at self-righteous indignation?

4) You guys make me wanna puke on the keyboard. If I could do the Three Stooges puke and it hit you guys through the screen i would do it.

If you hate this place and the people here so much, why on Earth do you keep on coming back here?

CAL who is thoroughly disgusted with most of you….

Cal, it's not what you do. Often it's the way you do it.

(shrug)

Many people see your good intentions but they don't make up for some of the negative things.

For example, that **** yourselves comment will cause even the most accepting person to put the messager on ignore.

:facepalm:

This whole thing is so ridiculous and disingenuous.

Cal is who he is. You can think of him as disruptive, but the fact is people respond to his "disruptive" posts by further antagonizing him, knowing that he'll take the bait and respond with further "disruption"; then multiple threads are created about that disruption, exacerbating it, because hey, it's always fun to take shots at a perceived outcast, and who want to miss an opportunity at self-righteous indignation?

It's this new fangled thing called interneting.

Your probably right, but what do you think the best course of action is. Complete ignore or killing with kindness. Also do you perceive him as :screwy: or does he have some type of agenda or both?

Where were you do-gooders during:

1) OUTRIGHT FRAUD by someone who used a neighbors' excuse to scam a Charity thread almost 4 years ago? Oh, you guys don't wanna discuss that…

Where were YOU when Jay Handlebrook tripped me in the third grade and bloodied my nose and the teacher wouldn't believe me? OUTRIGHT ASSUALT by an older boy and not a word from you. You didn't have anything to say then! You didn't want anything to do with that! HYPOCRITE!!!

Your probably right, but what do you think the best course of action is. Complete ignore or killing with kindness. Also do you perceive him as :screwy: or does he have some type of agenda or both?

There are people I don't like, and I just ignore them for the most part. And I don't even mean use the ignore function, I just choose not to expend mental energy on their posts.

I don't know Cal personally, so I'm not making a call on his mental state or agenda. What I do know is, a lot of the stuff he does that riles people up is in response to feedback he gets. What is conveniently left out of the conversation about Cal's "disruptive behavior" are his provocateurs who work to ferret out the worst in Cal so that they can turn around and disparage him for it.

STFU! You were bigger than Jay Handlebrook and you didn't do anything either. Just sat on the teeter totter and made out with that 6th grader! You people make me want to eat a pack of razor blades!

Cal, it's not what you do. Often it's the way you do it. (shrug)Many people see your good intentions but they don't make up for some of the negative things.For example, that **** yourselves comment will cause even the most accepting person to put the messager on ignore. :facepalm:
Roy,You are helpful 99% of the time, but fair is fair.These you-know-whats get what they deserve. They flame me, I flame back. I learned that here…

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to View Image Album

Simply Powerful eCommerce

More than just a pretty picture. Try Vendio Image Hosting.

There are people I don't like, and I just ignore them for the most part. And I don't even mean use the ignore function, I just choose not to expend mental energy on their posts.

I don't know Cal personally, so I'm not making a call on his mental state or agenda. What I do know is, a lot of the stuff he does that riles people up is in response to feedback he gets. What is conveniently left out of the conversation about Cal's "disruptive behavior" are his provocateurs who work to ferret out the worst in Cal so that they can turn around and disparage him for it.

COI has ALWAYS tried to make sense out of all of this. However, I won't stop him from trying to reason here; he's won my loyalty years ago and to me, loyalty goes a long, long way. I don't need to post here what a great quality loyalty can be for those who are too immature to comprehend the concept…

CAL who admires COI standing in the face of peer pressure...

STFU! You were bigger than Jay Handlebrook and you didn't do anything either. Just sat on the teeter totter and made out with that 6th grader! You people make me want to eat a pack of razor blades!

HEY!

You watch your mouth!

That wasn't COI, it was his older brother! Of COURSE he was bigger!

COI was over behind the big concrete sewer pipes, playing jacks with Jimmy and Cheryl, so there! Nyahh!

What is conveniently left out of the conversation about Cal's "disruptive behavior" are his provocateurs who work to ferret out the worst in Cal so that they can turn around and disparage him for it.

You forgot to say like an ex girlfriend.

:baiting:

4) You guys make me wanna puke on the keyboard. If I could do the Three Stooges puke and it hit you guys through the screen i would do it.

If you hate this place and the people here so much, why on Earth do you keep on coming back here?

To repeatedly showing the current Forum's true colors. Hey, the more insane nonsense you and your apparent( no pun intended, PLOD lovers) "friends", the world sees that. Mission accomplished.

Again and again and again.

CAL who will ultimately outlive this Forum, a la eBay Comics Chat lol

What is conveniently left out of the conversation about Cal's "disruptive behavior" are his provocateurs who work to ferret out the worst in Cal so that they can turn around and disparage him for it.

I wouldn't have any experience with that. :whistle:

(shrug)

Many people see your good intentions but they don't make up for some of the negative things.

For example, that **** yourselves comment will cause even the most accepting person to put the messager on ignore.

Roy,

You are helpful 99% of the time, but fair is fair.

These you-know-whats get what they deserve. They flame me, I flame back. I learned that here…

Dice is actually a really good guy. Sometimes personalities don't mesh.

The fist yourself comment is a common 'joke' around these boards and it gets thrown around a lot. While he probably meant he doesn't care for you I can understand why.

I've always liked your ability to withstand the tsunami of oppression on the internet and have agreed with you on many things but even I think you take it a little too far sometimes.

I've learned (the hard way) that sometimes it's best to just say your piece once and let people make up their own minds after that. Many do actually make their minds up without being spoon fed. And you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Some people call that butt kissing but I just call it taking the higher road so they can go *spoon* themselves. lol

Anyhow, I've got to get some work done.

Have fun, y'all!

I wouldn't have any experience with that. :whistle:

Hell hath no fury...

I just treat people how they treat me. Early on in my eBay comic-selling thinger, Cal bought some books from me and we had a nice discussion about the grades and where we differed. It helped me learn a little on how to improve my grading. Instead of just leaving some BS feedback and/or demanding a refund like most eBay buyers, he treated me like an actual person on the other side of the screen.

I happen to like that, ya know? :)

I don't understand all the hate on this board. Aren't we all in this together?

Peace,

Chip

I just treat people how they treat me. Early on in my eBay comic-selling thinger, Cal bought some books from me and we had a nice discussion about the grades and where we differed. It helped me learn a little on how to improve my grading. Instead of just leaving some BS feedback and/or demanding a refund like most eBay buyers, he treated me like an actual person on the other side of the screen.

I happen to like that, ya know? :)

I don't understand all the hate on this board. Aren't we all in this together?

Peace,

Chip

I really do have to go but I have to comment on this terrific post.

+1 - IMO you get what you dish out.

(shrug)

Roy,

You are helpful 99% of the time, but fair is fair.

These you-know-whats get what they deserve. They flame me, I flame back. I learned that here…

Dice is actually a really good guy. Sometimes personalities don't mesh.

The fist yourself comment is a common 'joke' around these boards and it gets thrown around a lot. While he probably meant he doesn't care for you I can understand why.

I've always liked your ability to withstand the tsunami of oppression on the internet and have agreed with you on many things but even I think you take it a little too far sometimes.

I've learned (the hard way) that sometimes it's best to just say your piece once and let people make up their own minds after that. Many do actually make their minds up without being spoon fed. And you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Some people call that butt kissing but I just call it taking the higher road so they can go *spoon* themselves. lol

Anyhow, I've got to get some work done.

Have fun, y'all!

I can take everything EXCEPT the one thing I refuse to do:

Some people call that butt kissing

So I said my piece and let the flames burn themselves out. I did get one PM 5 minutes ago, so I know at least one lurker saw this mess. Yes, I am part fault, but you gotta take a punch in order to give one. The world sees this, if anyone cares.

Look what happened to that eBay Comics Chat. It was closed down FIVE years after I quit. Of course I got blamed for that by several that frequent here now, and WHEN this place goes bye-bye I will get blamed again. Comes with the territory. The minions have to have their fallacies, a la UFO's Elvis lives, Martians, etc.

CAL gotta go, he's set the groundwork...