• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

I'll always be grateful to GAtor for selling me his entire run, then helping me flip all but this and one other issue to leave only those two to pay for. Now that was a scary ride!

Great story. I wonder if G.A.tor would help me acquire a complete run of Action and then flip almost all of them so I could pay for Action 1? hm

Well, could you imagine anyone else saying "Yes"?

It is a privilege and honor to be the caretaker of a Jerry Robinson collection Batman #1. Jerry had three copies and of course, GAtor, purchased the best copy.

Since I am a true collector, the copy is raw and I intend to keep it that way.

Bunky Brian and Primetime have checked out this copy as well as the owner of my LCS.

My hands were sweaty right before I purchased the book at 2011 SDCC, because I never spent so much on a single comic book, but I will keep it for the rest of my life. I always wanted a copy.

I have been hard core comic collecting since 1971 and spent all my money on GA Barks books, which never went up in value, but I still enjoy reading.

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1backcover.jpg

Batman1Page1JerryRobinsonAuto.jpg

That's a very pretty looking Catman Michael. I actually love that cover the more I look at it. What other issue did you end up keeping?

Catman9.jpg

I'd like to find a copy of that. Great cover! (thumbs u

It is a privilege and honor to be the caretaker of a Jerry Robinson collection Batman #1. Jerry had three copies and of course, GAtor, purchased the best copy.

Bunky Brian and Primetime have checked out this copy as well as the owner of my LCS.

My hands were sweaty right before I purchased the book at 2011 SDCC, because I never spent so much on a single comic book, but I will keep it for the rest of my life. I always wanted a copy.

I have been hard core comic collecting since 1971 and spent all my money on GA Barks books, which never went up in value, but I still enjoy reading.

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1backcover.jpg

Very cool book to own... Congrats.

Here's mine... Probably not as valuable as some of the others shown, but it's always been a favourite book of mine since I was a kid and saw it in the OSPG. I gave up/traded away a lot of my high grade SA and BA keys to acquire it, so I was very happy to pick it up on my second attempt at getting it. I do still miss that 9.2 Tec 359 though.

f1df6b1f.jpg

Here's mine... Probably not as valuable as some of the others shown, but it's always been a favourite book of mine since I was a kid and saw it in the OSPG. I gave up/traded away a lot of my high grade SA and BA keys to acquire it, so I was very happy to pick it up on my second attempt at getting it. I do still miss that 9.2 Tec 359 though.

f1df6b1f.jpg

Very nice! I first saw this book in the SOTI, but never could find a copy in my price range. Last year, one dealer showed me a heavily restored copy with brittle pages.

f1df6b1f.jpg

Great book and a pedigree to boot!

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1backcover.jpg

Great book and a wonderful piece of comic book history.

f1df6b1f.jpg

That one does it for me Twist

That's really a tough call! I waited a very long time for a passable copy of this book to come up for sale, so it would have to be a contender. (I actually tried to sell it once but didn't get any good offers; of course now I'm glad I kept it.)

Seven%20Seas%204%20resized.jpg

First appearance of a GA cartoon character - Woody Woodpecker

Highest graded - no problematic flaws; self submitted.

Bought as part of a 2000 book Dell collection (book itself reminds me of the collection that has since been sold off)

Reasonably rare, nice patriotic cover.

I've owned it now for over 10 years.

I also like going against the grain, its not an Action 1 or other clear centerpiece. Not my most valuable book.

nf64lab.jpg

fun64.jpg

fun64bc.jpg