• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

Hard decision, I'll say this one. Windy City Copy. Took years to land one, and then more years to complete 3 issue run. Thank you Andy(Dr. Love) for selling it to me all those years ago! imagejpg1_zps5ed51adf.jpg

Great choice!

Really tough to choose. I suppose I'm most in love (ha!) right now with Baker romance books. This isn't the rarest or the most valuable one I have, but I guess it's the cover I like the best. [That's probably a minority view among Baker fans.]

issue-001865_zpsc67b4f80.jpg

Really tough to choose. I suppose I'm most in love (ha!) right now with Baker romance books. This isn't the rarest or the most valuable one I have, but I guess it's the cover I like the best. [That's probably a minority view among Baker fans.]

issue-001865_zpsc67b4f80.jpg

Thanks Sqeggs, that's a great choice too. (thumbs u

Golden Age...

I love this cover. I always have and always will.

02C1037F-98E6-4318-ABAF-57F9F940A3D8-5698-000004036C76CE29.jpg

Silver Age....

The 1.8 has a lot of meaning for me as that was the one I worked my off to get. I bought it raw in 1997 after saving up for quite some time for it.

5B2F27BC-F727-47B0-9269-8D0DFE748DFC-12585-000008B3325DFC41.jpg

I'm probably going to win the prize for "least valuable centrepiece" but this is my favourite book ever and is the first one I paid three figures for. I have all of the Barks Scrooge issues, and I think I like them as much as any books I own:

FC386.jpg

I'm probably going to win the prize for "least valuable centrepiece" but this is my favourite book ever and is the first one I paid three figures for. I have all of the Barks Scrooge issues, and I think I like them as much as any books I own:

FC386.jpg

Can't beat that one. Arguably, it was Barks's finest effort (although I change my mind on that question periodically!).

This may be cheating, but the "centerpiece of my collection" is my Marvel Mystery Comics #1-66 run I am building. Only 8 issues to go!

mmcGroupshot1_zpsd3af28ce.jpg

That's cheating! :sumo:

But really, really cool! :D

This may be cheating, but the "centerpiece of my collection" is my Marvel Mystery Comics #1-66 run I am building. Only 8 issues to go!

mmcGroupshot1_zpsd3af28ce.jpg

It can be your centerpiece if you stitch them all together into one book! :insane:

:jokealert: