• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most modern books - Needs your advice to buy them OR NOT!

62 posts in this topic

This is a weird thread. Most people that ask for advice on buying comics do so on high value items an not dollar items. That aside, wouldn't the correct way to pose this question be to list the book you want and the exact price they are asking? How could anyone give advice on buying a book when there are no prices listed? Don't the total of these comics add up to like $20 or something? (shrug)

I know that obviously. It is not hard to question this. Do you believe those books are worthy to buy or not?

I don't know why I don't get the easy answer from highly intelligent people here.

Can't tell if you're joking or being serious about being so undecided on these books. (shrug)

That is why everyone got used to have jokes each other everyday in this forum. I am not joking but this is simply a stupid question.

I am very sure those are probably nothing. Those books were not picked up at all like all other unworthy books -- just wondered. I am sure anybody will know those books than I do. Just grab or not.

Not.

Why do you need someone else to tell you it is ok to buy $20 worth of books from a dollar bin? These will never be investment grade books so if you are looking for someone to tell you that you hit the jackpot you are wont find it here.

if you can post here you are old enough to make a decision on how to spend $20.

I will definitely not buy them. Hopefully the dealer or buyer will find them.

I will let you know next weekend if those books are there where I hid. My apology is for wasting your time but your input is still invaluable. It's fun to know than being wondering forever.

This is a weird thread. Most people that ask for advice on buying comics do so on high value items an not dollar items. That aside, wouldn't the correct way to pose this question be to list the book you want and the exact price they are asking? How could anyone give advice on buying a book when there are no prices listed? Don't the total of these comics add up to like $20 or something? (shrug)

I know that obviously. It is not hard to question this. Do you believe those books are worthy to buy or not?

I don't know why I don't get the easy answer from highly intelligent people here.

Can't tell if you're joking or being serious about being so undecided on these books. (shrug)

That is why everyone got used to have jokes each other everyday in this forum. I am not joking but this is simply a stupid question.

I am very sure those are probably nothing. Those books were not picked up at all like all other unworthy books -- just wondered. I am sure anybody will know those books than I do. Just grab or not.

Unless they're $1 or less, I wouldn't touch them. Even at $1 I would be hesitant.

Why do you need someone else to tell you it is ok to buy $20 worth of books from a dollar bin? These will never be investment grade books so if you are looking for someone to tell you that you hit the jackpot you are wont find it here.

if you can post here you are old enough to make a decision on how to spend $20.

I am old enough for AARP.

Unless they're $1 or less, I wouldn't touch them. Even at $1 I would be hesitant.

Sometimes, $1 or less can turn few hundred dollars. Fifteen years ago, I remembered Strange Tales #110 was in $5 bin. I regretted that I passed it.

Few years ago, I bought all 84 the 'NAM issues which are in NM condition for only 50 cents each. Last year, I sold them for $175.

Please don't feel offended or give me some lectures about this thread. Never know that anything can be valved from $1 bin.

Sometimes, $1 or less can turn few hundred dollars. Fifteen years ago, I remembered Strange Tales #110 was in $5 bin. I regretted that I passed it.

Few years ago, I bought all 84 the 'NAM issues which are in NM condition for only 50 cents each. Last year, I sold them for $175.

Please don't feel offended or give me some lectures about this thread. Never know that anything can be valved from $1 bin.

I feel neither offended nor am I trying to give you a lecture on the thread. I'm just confused at why you're asking about these cheap books and then countering by saying "Sometimes, $1 or less can turn few hundred dollars". If that's how you feel then buy the books.

I feel neither offended nor am I trying to give you a lecture on the thread. I'm just confused at why you're asking about these cheap books and then countering by saying "Sometimes, $1 or less can turn few hundred dollars". If that's how you feel then buy the books.

Sorry if I caused everyone confused in the first place. I admitted this is a real stupid thread I ever created in the forum. Simply I can't help myself to express my wondering mind into this one. If I have a machine time, I would buy ST110 out of $5 bin without the hesitation. Of course, I regretted it for my whole life.

Sorry if I put you in an awkward position. Yes this is awkward. Just wondered if you have EVER regretted for passing the books in $1 bin. I am sure that you wondered in past.

If you can valve these books cheaply, and you have previous regrets about not valving inexpensive books that turned out to be winners, why would you let people here talk you out of valving these inexpensive books?

It seems it's mostly an attempt to try to recapture a lost opportunity from the past I'd say don't buy.

I'd buy the Detective Comics issues, but then I'm a fan of Norm Breyfogle's artwork. Good reads.

My view. Nothing from the last 15 years will go up in value with the exception of the outliers like Walking Dead 1. Buy modern books to read; not to invest in.

Everyone wants to make an exception for the Walking Dead...

zzz

My view. Nothing from the last 15 years will go up in value with the exception of the outliers like Walking Dead 1. Buy modern books to read; not to invest in.

Everyone wants to make an exception for the Walking Dead...

zzz

I wasn't saying that the Walking Dead will go up in value. Just saying that there could end up being a handful of #1 issues that end up as a huge franchise and result in being worth money. But for the most part, anything from the time period where people were actively collecting as an investment (1990s to the present) was produced in such high numbers and kept in high grade to the point that very little of it will hold its cover price let alone increase substantially. That's my take.