• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texas Comic con San Antonio .

37 posts in this topic

Went Friday and back on Sunday since it was about 10 minutes from my house. Like others said it was very warm outside the actual con as they had some booths setup in the mall general area outside the convention rooms. There was also pretty poor lighting which made it a challenge for some booths to properly display their stuff. Only took a few pics.

38649e1dab29dc4267f5bf67bc713bf1_zps63757c47.jpg

89844cdefce3c2a1d6e858f240462314_zps01b61806.jpg

d2ccb716d39bc25b21695ec69afcddf3_zps2284d04a.jpg

Dug mostly through boxes on Friday and found Xmen 221, New 52 Batman Annual 1 and X-Factor 24 all higher grade for cheap. When I went back Sunday went over to a dealer who recently purchased a large high grade bronze collection with many multiples of many titles. Picked up these for a good deal. He said he sold 9 copies that weekend

fdbb864394a82ce94bddd3d72471c4a3_zpsa9198de1.jpg

That's a popular type of sculpture for touristy areas. They're made from nuts and bolts and chain links and stuff. The ones pictured look pretty good. Everyone always claims to be the original artist but I have a feeling they are pumped out in China these days.

The booth with the pipes and journals, no fedoras? lol

That's a popular type of sculpture for touristy areas. They're made from nuts and bolts and chain links and stuff. The ones pictured look pretty good. Everyone always claims to be the original artist but I have a feeling they are pumped out in China these days.

The booth with the pipes and journals, no fedoras? lol

Thanks. (thumbs u

With some of the repeating patterns I thought maybe they were made from some kind of weird lego-alternative or something.