• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you fill up half empty long boxes

57 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am starting to finally organize the hoarders dream that is my comic collection. Until now, most of my stuff was packed into longboxes as I purchased it, which obviously is not practical when looking for back issues.

So now I want to dedocate boxes per Theme / Alpahbet. My problem is, that since I need to add to the titles monthly, I cant just fill up the boxes. So I was wondering, if you guys have any good tips on having placeholders in your longboxes?

Thanks for some advice

I have extra bubble wrap or other packing materials for shipping, that I will usually just put in. Something soft that will fill the air, heck if you are really desperate just put a towel or something in it.

Shi tcan the long boxes and go for the short boxes. You're back will thank you,

and they are easier to move around and confuse your signifigant other, if you have

one of those, or your mom, or the cat.

After moving twice, I switched everything out to shortboxes. I've already had one back surgery (nothing major, just disk related), and don't really want to prompt another.

I typically fill up any gaps with empty bags/boards because I started out with cheap bag/boards years ago, and recently switched over to mylites, leaving me a few thousand empty bag/boards I could use as filler.