• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Buyers...What Do You Want From Sellers?

88 posts in this topic

As a buyer, i look at feedback and volume. Nothing else. If they have a few negatives and are still at or above 99%, ill buy from them. Mycomicshop for example, has over 10,000 positive feedbacks a month with less than 100 negatives a month. I trust them implicitly and consider the negatives ridiculous.

You dismiss all the negatives as ridiculous?

Really stupid i know. Need to edit that.

Not entirely stupid. (shrug)

Yeah, just needed to add "most of" :)

I have no problem with him wanting it right away .

I expect all my customers want this . I ship same day if an item is bought before 4 pm , with a few exceptions. I always have it out by the next day at the latest.

I would like to hear his reasons for wanting his item so fast . Just out of curiosity .

For the record, What I've learned from Amazon, they way they do business and I don't sell there, is that people want their stuff yesterday!

I end all my auctions on Sunday night and ship Monday morning. Yes it's a pain to pack up 20-30 items in a night but in the end, It's worth it and you'll receive great feedback.

Sellers, Invest in a great scanner. I see terrible cell phone pictures and even ones in the selling section of the forum. Then sellers complain they aren't getting the price they want. It's the sizzle that sells the steak.

Let's hear some opinions about buying slabs other than packing well. Back cover scan? Close ups? Does the seller need a description for a slab? If so, What do you want to see in the description other than the case is mint?

Do you even read the auction? I know I've gotten emails asking questions when the clearly didn't read the auction or my feedback.

I expect all my customers want this . I ship same day if an item is bought before 4 pm , with a few exceptions. I always have it out by the next day at the latest.

I would like to hear his reasons for wanting his item so fast . Just out of curiosity .

People are impatient

I appreciate when sellers realize that most collectors spend money on comics that we really can't afford. Money that should be going to purchase food, instead of comics. So when sellers include a small, one serving box of cereal or even a box of angel hair with my comics, I usually add them to my favorite sellers.

As a buyer, i look at feedback and volume. Nothing else. If they have a few negatives and are still at or above 99%, ill buy from them. Mycomicshop for example, has over 10,000 positive feedbacks a month with less than 100 negatives a month. I trust them implicitly and consider most negatives ridiculous.

+1. I love their packaging and how they handle their business. Leaps and bounds above Mile High.

Very easy answer for me. ACCURATE DESCRIPTION sellers, instead of a few blanket words describing your item. In the last month I've received several books without the Marvel value stamp that were not noted in the item description, missing pages, tape cover pulls, coupons and water damage across many auctions. And then when I want to return the book for a full refund the seller starts in with the tired excuse of "I have too many auctions to check the interior of every book," so why don't you just keep the book for a reduced price. That's BS. List the item correctly and I won't even waste time or money bidding on your book.

Regardless of how many auctions you have correct representation of each item should be your primary concern. I latch on to sellers like that and continue to buy from them. Good packing helps too btw. :)

People are impatient, think the world and everyone in it should revolve around them, and have an increasingly undeserved sense of entitlement.

Fixed that for you (thumbs u

People are impatient, think the world and everyone in it should revolve around them, and have an increasingly undeserved sense of entitlement.

Fixed that for you (thumbs u

Thanks, didn't feel like typing out a long explanation

As a buyer, i look at feedback and volume. Nothing else. If they have a few negatives and are still at or above 99%, ill buy from them. Mycomicshop for example, has over 10,000 positive feedbacks a month with less than 100 negatives a month. I trust them implicitly and consider the negatives ridiculous.

hm

That would include some of the "more respected" members of this board...

;)

What I want:

1. Accurate grading and/or very large scans so I can determine for myself. In return, I offer more than the inveterate lowballers, sometimes substantially more. I will pay a fair price for a fair item.

2. Safe packaging, so the item arrives to me in the exact same condition it left you.

Speed is no concern. If it takes 30 days to get the item, but it's precisely what I bought, and in exactly the same condition, kudos!

Feedback is of no concern.

Shipping price is of no concern, so long as the item shows up in the same condition, UNLESS it's gross (ie, charging me $12 and shipping in a manila envelope for $3.) I know how much it costs to do it right.

I have had thousands of shipments, including many absolutely heartbreaking situations, where books were gorgeous, and then destroyed because of packaging.

I had a beautiful FF #21 folded in half width-wise into my mailbox. The seller couldn't be bothered to ship a $200+ book properly. it WAS a F/VF. Afterwards, it was a VG.

I'll tell you, it really doesn't matter what's in the description of the auction. Most buyers pay ZERO attention to what's there...if they even read it at all. Most of my description text details my domestic & international shipping charges as well as my combined shipping options.

The questions I get all the time are "Do you combine shipping?" and "Do you ship internationally?" and "How much to ship to XXX?"

It's all already there, people. READ.

Peace,

Chip

Posted this before, but sold an X-Men #94, and in the description, it very wordily (as in, it was stated quite clearly, repeatedly) that the book was color touched.

3 weeks after the buyer receives the book, I get a message stating that "I had this book looked at by a local store, and they say it has been color touched."

lol

Proper packaging goes without saying. In terms of listing, what I appreciate most are clear pictures and adequate description of any flaws and particulars not readily visible in the scans/pictures. I honestly don't care how off your assigned grade is or if you don't grade it at all if i can adequately judge the book myself. I find the bigger "name" dealers are frequently as bad as anyone else when it comes to not mentioning things like heavy tanning inside covers, H2O damage and fragile spines on "VG" or better books.

I'm also not crazy about slabbed books with crappy images and no note of label info that can't be read. Just being able to tell the CGC grade is not enough.

hm

That would include some of the "more respected" members of this board...

;)

yeah, changed it. Meant to say that i consider 99.9% of the negatives ridiculous. Most, not all.