• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is uncanny x-men 266 underated?!

48 posts in this topic

I don't have one gossip.gif

me too confused-smiley-013.gif but i got a boat load of 248, 268, & 281. yeahok.gif

Yeah, I got a 9.2 Uncanny 248, 1st print, on eBay for $3.00. My 266 I got for about $32.00 ... and it's a solid 9.4, possibly more. My 283 however I've had since it was released at cover price.

I've had quite a few of these books before and at least half of them have had part of the top of "The Uncanny" chopped off as in the scan above.
Yeah the two I've owned have also had that nasty miscut; here's one I'm selling on ebay with a large lot of other X-Men that is slightly skewed as well....
xmen200d.jpg

bucket.gif

Through the years, I think I've owned more copies of X266 than of any other single comic.

If Gambit ends up in the next X movie, the price will rise a bit, but I doubt it will ever be at an insane level.

NO Gamibit is not underrated. He has his fans and detractors. You will find a lot of people on this forum who hate modern books. (Only because they don't buy them due to the hording of these moderns and the large print runs)

Lets see do Gambit collectors like him. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Well enought to shell out $2,025 bucks on ebay for a CGC 9.9 . Nuff said.

Through the years, I think I've owned more copies of X266 than of any other single comic.

If Gambit ends up in the next X movie, the price will rise a bit, but I doubt it will ever be at an insane level.

This book is the runner up to ASM #300. Both will always be in demand and both are available in huge numbers. But if anyone believes either of these will be the next Hulk #181, I don't think so. Either way, for late 80s and early 90s books, they are the "keys" from that era.

This book is the runner up to ASM #300. Both will always be in demand and both are available in huge numbers. But if anyone believes either of these will be the next Hulk #181, I don't think so. Either way, for late 80s and early 90s books, they are the "keys" from that era.

Exactly, and those 2 books are THE two books that collectors wanted who began collecting in the early 90's or later, i.e. me. I really started in 91 or 92, stopped after 94 and just recently started up again. But when I started, those where the two books I wanted most, because they were the books that I would be able to afford. I actually had ASM 298 above 300, because I am a huge McFarlane fan, and I finally crossed that one off my list as well as UNX 266. But because I didn't get into it until that poor 90's era, I really haven't had a chance to get a nice copy of a silver age book, and probably never will.

i hardly see a nice copie that goes for less than X 10 price cover.

Interesting concept. I've never heard back issue prices being expressed in terms of multiples of cover price. Perhaps it's a new standard we should be using so we don't give too much credit to Overstreet.

So JP was offering 10,000,000 X cover price for a CGC 9.4 copy of Action #1! The recent CGC 9.6 ASM #1 went for 916,666 X cover price! 27_laughing.gif

This just sounds to me like wishful thinking, as I'm guessing you guys who are voicing opinions about 266 being "underrated" are likely sitting on a big pile of these. Guess what: so is every other comic collector in the universe. gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif Let's just say that if Gambit is in X3, there'll be plenty of elite HG slabbed copies coming out of the longboxes wink.gif

This just sounds to me like wishful thinking, as I'm guessing you guys who are voicing opinions about 266 being "underrated" are likely sitting on a big pile of these. Guess what: so is every other comic collector in the universe. gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif Let's just say that if Gambit is in X3, there'll be plenty of elite HG slabbed copies coming out of the longboxes wink.gif

Are they even going to bother to make X3, let alone have Gambit appear? confused-smiley-013.gif

Are they even going to bother to make X3, let alone have Gambit appear? confused-smiley-013.gif

sumo.gif

Bother?! The X-Men movie series is the Gold Standard of comic book movies. So yes! They are going to make X3. It will be released in Summer 2006.

P.S. - I doubt whether Gambit will be in it. He is a 3rd rate X-Men character. tongue.gif

[

P.S. - I doubt whether Gambit will be in it. He is a 3rd rate X-Men character. tongue.gif

According to the producer Laura Donner , from the audio comentary of X2, they had in the -script a quick scene with Gambit being affected by Xavier in the end, but didn't do it. She said she had a real fondness to that character, so who knows?

The X-Men movie series is the Gold Standard of comic book movies.

If the X-Men movies are the gold standard, gold isn't worth it used to be...

Exactly, I have to say recently that Spiderman has been the standard for comic movies. I don't think the new Batman or Superman movies will have anything on it.