• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson Learned - Received an empty package today

58 posts in this topic

So I ordered 2 comics from a shop in Canada, never used them before but figured why not as it looked like they were a fair size store and knew about comics. So I order and everything went smooth. The package shows up and….get this….its empty. It wasn’t opened as I had to cut the tape off to open it…… and yup, empty. I was shocked when I pulled it out of the mailbox as well because it was paper thin and I was scared as there was no way there was a bag and board in there. So I emailed them and all they can say is "well file a claim with Canada post, we have never sent an empty package, someone must have opened it". I then follow up by asking if they just put the 2 comics in between 2 very thin pieces of cardboard and taped all the sides?? They then answer by saying "yes, we ship dozens of comics this way every week"…..WOW…….The 2 comics were new releases and not expensive, but , still not the point. I didn’t even bother to fight with them as they were very rude and defensive so I knew it was going nowhere…….lesson learned I guess……stick with the regular shops who know how to ship comics. The only other problem is I ordered a second time the next day as I found some Rat Queens back issues I wanted. So I have 5 more coming, well maybe, if it’s not empty, and I know they will not be NM when they get to me…….

Thanks for listening to my rant……. I feel better now lol

I added a pic to show how thin the package was when it arrived :tonofbricks:

148281.jpg.e1ae0ad2df93c3002a5781f0491242cb.jpg

what site if i may ask, and obviously an employee screwed up and they arent taking responsibility. I remember years ago a girl working in shipping at my company sent some empty boxes out, while filling about 100 of the same thing. Put in the manuals but not the software.

Suffice to say, her services were "no longer required".

Not sure if I should say......I don't want this looking like some kind of revenge post or something.

You also don't want any of your fellow boardie family getting screwed by the same peeps :makepoint:

What the hell is that? A folded paper bag? I don't see how 2 comics let alone between 2 slabs of cardboard could ever fit in that thin piece of whatever. Could you at least tell the province/city this shop is located in? If for no other reason this shop may need to be avoided based on their packaging alone. At least let us know which shop so we don't end up with bent comics and deal with rude return issues.

Realy sorry to hear that happened.

How about first contacting the shop to see if they do the right thing? They might have made a mistake...highly doubtful but possible.

I think this was probably a honest packing mistake, but they should have taken care of you nevertheless. You were right to out them and I would definitely post an entry in Yelp just out of principle.

I think this was probably a honest packing mistake, but they should have taken care of you nevertheless. You were right to out them and I would definitely post an entry in Yelp just out of principle.

I believe it was an honest mistake too...... And that's what I told him, but he got all defensive and stuff....he's lucky it was only a couple bucks lol I would have never ordered again regardless, the packaging is unacceptable.