• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300 - Updated Scans

15 posts in this topic

Hopefully the scans are better!

Hey all getting back into comics after a 15 year hiatus. Been busy going through all my longboxes and getting everything organized. Came across my ASM 300 and was curious to see what kind of grade it could get. Hasn't seen the light of day since '88, other than to re-bag it once. Some minor defects, bit of a spine chip on the top , bottom has a small ding and the cover over hangs a bit too, but it was like that when I got it . Sorry about the scans, need to work on my comic scanning-fu. Thanks for looking and give me your grade!

Cover

2jdKxib.jpg

Back

VzhmI9Q.jpg

Sample Page

Du8vyVr.jpg

Firstly a very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards!flowerysmile.gif

You should check out this before you post here for some helpful hints and guidelines:

PGM Guidelines & Helpful Hints

And this one too:

The N00B Guide

Thanks for the advice.

I bumped up the Res and made them a bit bigger. Hopefully that makes the scans a bit clearer.

Still a little blurry, but good enough that I can rough out a grade. I'll say somewhere in the 9.4 range. The corners all look a little rounded. The top left I think CGC will call a bindery tear and not discount too much for at this level.

WTTB! It's good to see other Minnesotans here.

Still a little blurry, but good enough that I can rough out a grade. I'll say somewhere in the 9.4 range. The corners all look a little rounded. The top left I think CGC will call a bindery tear and not discount too much for at this level.

WTTB! It's good to see other Minnesotans here.

Thanks for the input, the bindery tear at the top corner is about 1/16".

And it is always good to see other Minnesotans roaming about the interwebs, don't cha know.

9.0 8.5 9.2 9.6 8.0 9.4 IMHO! smiley-chores028.gif

As you can see I was having a hard time grading this one. It's early morning, just around 6am and I'm having a hard time adjusting my eyes....everything so blurry.....can't see....oh wait a minute. Not my problem, as they say...

Nice looking book even with the blurred scans. Would really like to see what CGC has to say. Your bindery tears are minor and should not effect the grade! Cheers!

Thanks all for the advice. I'll have to pickup a flatbed scanner too :)

I was thinking it was probably somewhere between a 9.0 and 9.4. Is that even worth sending in to have it slabbed? I'm still reading up on the pro's and con's of slabbing.

Updated the Front and Cover scans.

9.4 with an outside chance at a higher grade. The spine looks great from the scans provided but it is still difficult to tell. If this were my book I would slab it!!