• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Fan Coolemc84 is a SCAMMER... Don't be a Victim!

80 posts in this topic

Coolemc84 is a confirmed scammer... please avoid at all cost!

My name is Mike. My CGC boards ID is "mikerb2223". I am providing this information so that you, as the reader of this post, are able to contact me for further information if needed. Below I will provide information about a fraud crime I was victim of recently which was perpetrated by Mike Cooley (coolemc84). Below I will provide information obtained through my correspondence with Cooley and my personal research on the internet. All this information was either provided to my by Cooley or is public record and is not meant to be interpreted as a threat or harassment by myself toward Cooley.

Please read below...

Edited to remove personal information.

For his personal info... PM me.

Ebay = mcooley2984 and mcool2984

Summary: I had a highly valuable ($2,800) Charlie Adlard original art/comic book sketch listed on ebay.com in which Cooley contacted me about. Cooley offered me something in trade (a walking dead #1) versus completely an ebay transaction and I agreed. We shared multiple email correspondence in regards to how to arrange this trade and it was agreed that we would ship via Fedex at approximately the same time, provide each other with a tracking number and receive the packages at similar times. Cooley made multiple errors when labeling and shipping his package to my office. I provided my office address via email but the address he used had an incorrect building number, did not list a company name and did not listing a room number.. all information which I clearly provided to him. In my opinion this was a deliberate action by Cooley in order to force the package he sent me to be returned to sender, which is exactly what happened. Although I contacted Fedex many times I could not stop the package from being returned to sender per the current Fedex policy. My shipment to him was delivered on time and he now has both items. Cooley has ignored most communication from me since this happened. The package he sent me was rerouted to me again but after three days of waiting and on the day it was set to be delivered to me Cooley once again arranged for the package to be returned to him by calling Fedex. I got a email alert of this and retrieved the package directly from the Fedex truck after talking with the driver. Cooley sent me a empty envelope. For the first time after this trade began, although there were red flags, i confirmed i was being SCAMMED.

After I threatened to press federal charges Cooley returned my item but I want you all to watch out for him. Over all I was not a victim (other than my time and money sent shipping him the books). He is on these boards and likes The Walking Dead. I have spoke with other CGC board members who have dealt with him and they confirmed he is "very shady" and is aggressively seeking walking dead comics.

Don't be a victim!

Oh and read this thread featuring Coolemc84... its crazy comical but eye opening. I wish I would have seen this prior to making my failed trade with him!

Walking Dead Issue

If you haven't figured it out... I did my research on coolemc84 including a background check after the red flags started. I think he learned quick that he couldn't mess with me and he returned my book... priority overnight!

Cheers!

Mike

You should remove all the contacts for the guy........if people want it they can PM you for it. Maybe comic general, but it will not be pretty. I don't even go there at night or on Fridays.

You should remove all the contacts for the guy........if people want it they can PM you for it. Maybe comic general, but it will not be pretty. I don't even go there at night or on Fridays.

When I first joined the boards I posted on Comics General.

I want my innocence back!!!

(Also this scammer sounded awful!)

comic general, but it will not be pretty. I don't even go there at night or on Fridays.

1s1mbp.jpg

lol love that movie

How many great battles were in that show ? All of them. I watched this and the Long Riders over and over when we first got HBO.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up and WTTB !