• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF 48

16 posts in this topic

Hard to tell with the overall creasing, but since they do not break color (mostly), although I generally would not consider pressing, since you are in the USA in this case I would do.

I think that if creases are pressed out, this would surely be a VG range or so copy (although color-breaking creasing on the spine is pretty marked).

I'd buy that at Overstreet 2.5 without hesitation.

Not having the book in hand it's very difficult to tell what is actually going on with the front cover - almost looks like it melted! If it were pressed out I'm not so sure that the book would look right. There doesn't appear to be "shrinkage" at the top or bottom of the book yet there seems to be enough of a fold in the price that would suggest there should be. For that reason I reserved my grade!

I think it’s just a composite (multiple) crease, Tim, and since it has been partially flattened it looks funny.

I would love to see it pressed, I think it would be a decent lowgrade copy. :)

Oh I see what you mean Claudio! I think this is one of those books that would benefit from an angle photo in addition to the scans!

I think I'll hold at 2.5 until I see the photo though! :grin:

Yea I'm leaning towards pressing it.

As most of you noted, the creasing on the cover looks like it doesn't break color. I have no idea what caused the weird creasing. It doesn't seem to be water damage as someone suggest, or to have heat damage. It almost looks like something heavy sat on it and got twisted.

Did anyone notice the little bit of foxing on the Watcher? Will that hurt more?

Did anyone notice the little bit of foxing on the Watcher? Will that hurt more?

From what I get, by CGC standards they are pretty tough on foxing, but it also depends how strong it is. As long as the creases are pressed out I think this should grade between GVG and VG. Looks nice, so I don’t think less than GVG but who knows?

If I had some nice Spidey to offer you in trade, I’d have made you an offer, but the only low numbers I have left are #13 and #31 which I mean to keep.

My #48 needs a serious upgrade… the top part (where the long crease is) is about to get detached… :(

RmE3WTah.jpg