• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored books on eBay?

12 posts in this topic

b3_3.JPG

It's pretty hard to tell from the scan.

Still, the seller is a powerseller with 1300+ feedback and 99.9% positive. I wouldn't be very worried if it was me bidding on it.

flowerred.gif

Very true, I did notice that. But I looked at some of their past auctions and they don't sell strictly comics.

How so? I had a copy of this book that looked much nicer -- it was real...

It just seems very glossy. And there are others the seller grades as about a 7.0 where the scans basically look like a new comic, but they are old silver ages.

That's the reason I hate using photos for comic auctions.

Look to me like the book has a good bit of over-cover wear on the top edge. I see a couple of pretty decent sized corner creases on the bottom right. There also appears to be several spine creases and some spine wear. Just from what I see 6.0 would be my guess. But, of course you can't eve see the back cover.

BTW, most copies of this book have really deep dark blues. It's just one of those books that looks good at arm's length.

That's the reason I hate using photos for comic auctions.

Look to me like the book has a good bit of over-cover wear on the top edge. I see a couple of pretty decent sized corner creases on the bottom right. There also appears to be several spine creases and some spine wear. Just from what I see 6.0 would be my guess. But, of course you can't eve see the back cover.

BTW, most copies of this book have really deep dark blues. It's just one of those books that looks good at arm's length.

Awesome, Strongguy. Thanks for the info 893applaud-thumb.gif

I probably won't be bidding on this one, as much as I'd like to, but I'm looking at an Avengers 57, FF 50, X-Men 13, and someone else's Giant Sized X-Men 1. Wish me luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's hard sometimes to tell if a comic has been restored from just a picture or a scan because sometimes scans or pictures do not show you the true color of a comic it sometimes makes the comic appear more bright or much darker than it is in reality.