• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLASSIC covers NOT considered "CLASSIC" by CGC or OS

119 posts in this topic

OK, so I guess nobody has shown this yet, but I think it's a real classic cover. In fact, it's my favorite cover of all time:

dwcugk.jpg

I had a really nice copy of that comic framed, hanging on my bedroom wall when I was in high school. Love that cover!

Unfortunately we had a house fire my freshman year in college and all of the comics I had at home got wet. That one actually burned up. Haven't had a nice copy since.

OK, so I guess nobody has shown this yet, but I think it's a real classic cover. In fact, it's my favorite cover of all time:

dwcugk.jpg

I had a really nice copy of that comic framed, hanging on my bedroom wall when I was in high school. Love that cover!

Unfortunately we had a house fire my freshman year in college and all of the comics I had at home got wet. That one actually burned up. Haven't had a nice copy since.

What? There's a classic comic that Mr. Bedrock does not own? :o

dwcugk.jpg

Loved this cover since I saw it on Gerber dustjacket.

Wasn't there someone here who did or was putting together a collection the books pictured on Gerber's GA Journals? I think the Action 1 may have stumped him or maybe bankrupted him.

dwcugk.jpg

Loved this cover since I saw it on Gerber dustjacket.

Wasn't there someone here who did or was putting together a collection the books pictured on Gerber's GA Journals? I think the Action 1 may have stumped him or maybe bankrupted him.

That was Andy (agro23). He got most of the Gerber cover books before realizing that the major keys were a bridge too far. Has since pared down his collection.

Ghost 3 underrated and classic bondage in my eyes :)

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/100_3781.jpg' alt='100_3781.jpg'>

Early classic Centaur if you can figure out whats going on V2/4

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/rare%20gold/amazingmystery.jpg' alt='amazingmystery.jpg'>

Early classic Centaur if you can figure out whats going on V2/4

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/rare%20gold/amazingmystery.jpg' alt='amazingmystery.jpg'>

Here is the wiki page for Sandhogs

The guys on the cover are digging a NYC subway tunnel, an area of which there was a fair amount of activity in the 1930s.

I guess all Schomburg's are classics, but this one is pretty neat. The aliens make a great substitute for the Nazis and Japanese.

rs49.jpg

This one seems underrated for a pre-code Bailey cover.

3mgg.jpg

Have to agree with you on this one. Classic criteria in abundance! Zombie with hole in head, headlights, mad doctor, etc, etc

CL 25 is probably the classic Baker romance cover, but a lot of people would rate this as number 2. Are there any romance books with the classic designation? hm

truelove11_zps9c5aed0d.jpg

dwcugk.jpg

Nah. He's just pulling our leg. :sumo:

With Baker, Raboy, Schomburg, and Cole, it might be easier to list covers that don't merit being called classic.

This one doesn't get the designation in OS; not sure about CGC.

KGrHqFHJEoFERIJ9seBRISgIFyv60_57_zpsfed16b79.jpg

This one has it all. Beautiful woman, robot, and alien. Classic in my opinion.

Ken

AMAZINGADVENTURES4.jpg

Love that cover! (thumbs u