• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLASSIC covers NOT considered "CLASSIC" by CGC or OS

119 posts in this topic

Some of these books may not be recognized as "classic" by OSPG or CGC, but anyone who has bid on them knows that the collecting community knows a classic cover when it sees it.

(thumbs u

This one was posted earlier but here is my copy. I bid multiples of guide at the Herschel auction some years ago. Way outside my collecting focus but the cover :cloud9:

1201131826011.jpg

this is a really cool book Jeff thanks for posting your copy as well never seen this one until this thread!! love these boards :cloud9: and as usual Mr. Bedrock (worship)

Some of these books may not be recognized as "classic" by OSPG or CGC, but anyone who has bid on them knows that the collecting community knows a classic cover when it sees it.

(thumbs u

This one was posted earlier but here is my copy. I bid multiples of guide at the Herschel auction some years ago. Way outside my collecting focus but the cover :cloud9:

1201131826011.jpg

this is a really cool book Jeff thanks for posting your copy as well never seen this one until this thread!! love these boards :cloud9: and as usual Mr. Bedrock (worship)

War4new.jpg

Back cover is nice as well.

War4back.jpg

Nothing should need to be said here ......

jumbo82s_zps14a8535a.jpg

clASSic

Beyond the obvious, the perspective on this cover is really kinda awesome.

(thumbs u

1201131826011.jpg

War4new.jpg

Back cover is nice as well.

War4back.jpg

Love 'em both! The great thing about many of these early Dell comics is that many times the back cover is as interesting as the front. Love the Night Devils!

Thanks Jimmy.

A few I can't believe are not listed as classic. (Maybe they forgot to label them...)

mysterymen3.jpg

jumbo10a.jpg

Yes, probably missed by CGC as both of these are clearly denoted as classic covers in the OS guide.

Same with many of the other covers posted here such as Daredevil #1, Venus #19, Jojo #8, etc. :gossip:

Now there are quite a few MMC's that are considered to be, "Classic" by either OS or CGC and I agree but this particular issue didn't make the cut...I truly feel this one has got everything going for it from the artwork, the woman in peril about to be dipped into acid if not for our hero, the hooded Villain and his menacing minions, right down to the color palette...this cover all sorts of ROCKS IMHO!!

13937754786_c79a51a96c_b.jpg

File0001-1.jpg

I'd never seen or noticed this before. The code approved pre-silver period is full of cool stuff. A classic for sure. I tend to think of the Atomic Age as an overlay that runs from the late forties to around 1960 so as to include books like this.

Now there are quite a few MMC's that are considered to be, "Classic" by either OS or CGC and I agree but this particular issue didn't make the cut...I truly feel this one has got everything going for it from the artwork, the woman in peril about to be dipped into acid if not for our hero, the hooded Villain and his menacing minions, right down to the color palette...this cover all sorts of ROCKS IMHO!!

Gino, totally with you! The bones in the acid vat do it for me.

Gino, totally with you! The bones in the acid vat do it for me.

I like the menacing choir in the background, especially the one looking up. Love it, Gino. :headbang:

Great nominee Gino!