• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

My point has been it SAYS second print.

It's the lowest print. For sure. But still a second print.

I'll take a first print of a book over a second any day. If I already had a first print, and I was collecting the series I would chase the low print books next.

I'll trade you 2 1st print EoW 1st prints for 1 RRP...or 20 1st prints...okay 25, fianl offer. ;)

I feel wrong quoting myself :shy:

Despite what I say below, I do want an East of West #1 RRP, but only because it is the only #1 I lack, and because it is already one of my Top 10 favorite series.

After sleeping on it, I just can't see these variants that are clear second prints being the most desirable copy to own, but I can see them being important to people who feel the need to collect them all.

Mostly I feel this way because it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense when contrasted with how this hobby has typically functioned. If second prints may somehow be more desirable than first prints, then why not third prints or fourth prints or a tenth print with a print run of a single copy? I don't know, it seems too absurd and makes no real logical sense. So... I think when it happens (East of West RRP), it is an abnormality, and that data point probably should not be used as a way to rationalize some other book's later print variant's desirability.

This is, of course, subjective, but I think I finally have a handle on how I feel about this in my own head.

See now what I find funny is he used the term RRP yet unlike east of west #1 which is a RRP as it was given out i think. And interesting neither of those linked today says second print in the text....

If I had my way, it'd be super clear - any time they go back to the prints is a second print. Every variant cover other than the launch day 1A and 1B, etc.

It seems like we always end up with exceptions to the rule, it's interesting and almost completely unpredictable.

When I take things to printers they usually tell me 1,200 is the minimum to start up the presses, etc. I have a hard time believing anyone placed a 100 copy order of anything much less comic books....

Minimum order is 100 on Enormous variants. ;)

Treasury editions are still only going for around $30 a piece - no one is listing them as 1st appearance of Ellen, I wonder if that would make a difference. Of course, this could be viewed as an 'out of continuity' thing, I don't know. Any equivalents to this that anyone knows of? It is basically a series reboot I guess?

Treasury editions are still only going for around $30 a piece - no one is listing them as 1st appearance of Ellen, I wonder if that would make a difference. Of course, this could be viewed as an 'out of continuity' thing, I don't know. Any equivalents to this that anyone knows of? It is basically a series reboot I guess?

I would call it her 1st appearance. I compared this treasury sized edition by Image to the 1st appearances of Rocket Raccoon and Starlord in the Marvel Preview magazines. I would call them all 1st appearances but not in the traditional comic sense. 2c

I'm wondering if this is just a spike in price because of the announcement, or if this will become a gradual increasing in price... I'm wondering if I should sell my books now or wait... it could really help me pay off some stuff. But I don't know how this "hot book" stuff works. Just don't want to miss the window I guess....

Any thoughts?