• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JIM 83

23 posts in this topic

Hi all and thanks in advance, this one is well loved but I wanted to see what the consensus is anyway, maybe I will get a chance to upgrade someday but chances of me ever buying a high grade one fall somewhere between my pickup mysteriously getting filled with cash and my hair growing back.

Cover is detached from top staple and middle page from the bottom staple.

Cover has moisture staining and damage, staining in an arch above Thors head and on up, and damage in the "YS" area of Mystery, shows through some on inside cover but doesn't transfer to 1st page.

Hole from thumb tack in upper right corner, clear through.

Front and back cover tears/creases should show in scan

Decent gloss, inner pages, and complete.

Let me have it :grin:

<a  href=jim83001_zps13a75218.jpg' alt='jim83001_

jim83b001_zps0b4e88cc.jpg

Thanks for the opinions so far, keep them coming. I was thinking this issue might be worth slabbing in any grade and I was hoping it might bring a 2.0 but a 1.8 or 1.5 wouldn't be the end of the world. Not sure pressing or cleaning would help it much, but couldn't say for sure. Just happy to have 1st Thor, period. :cool:

Thanks for the opinions so far, keep them coming. I was thinking this issue might be worth slabbing in any grade and I was hoping it might bring a 2.0 but a 1.8 or 1.5 wouldn't be the end of the world. Not sure pressing or cleaning would help it much, but couldn't say for sure. Just happy to have 1st Thor, period. :cool:

Check out some 1.5's and 1.8's on comiclink for some other early Marvel SA's. I think you'll be pleased with how your copy compares. A very solid 2.0 IMO. I wouldn't press it. The detached staple is the books biggest flaw. No press in the world can fix that.

As it sits the book to me is a very strong 2.0. No lower since there are no big pieces or corners missing. I think 2.5 may be a stretch when you factor in the staple on the cover detached and the one on the centerfold.

Thanks everyone, I will probably submit this book at some point, and I have a coupon to use up on some others (I don't know if this one would make into the standard category), I needed some help to assign a grade raw for my collection until then, looks like 2.0 will work for now :)

Thanks everyone, I will probably submit this book at some point, and I have a coupon to use up on some others (I don't know if this one would make into the standard category), I needed some help to assign a grade raw for my collection until then, looks like 2.0 will work for now :)

I personally would 100% use a standard coupon to submit this.