• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Crow #1

7 posts in this topic

Bought this raw with the intention of getting it into a slab.... book looks real clean, a few minor barely noticeable creasing on back or front cover that can only be seen when angling to the light. A problematic corner ding that doesn't show up in the scan?

Could she get past a 9.0?

crow1Frontcover.jpg

crow1backcover.jpg

That darn ding! :mad:

cornerding.jpg

Direct link to see large scan of front cover......

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/define999/media/crow1Frontcover.jpg.html

Gosh darn if I have ever seeen a book that appeared more fragile and prone to damage. The paper seems real thin and that cover screams for fingerprints and the ability to show the smallest of creases.... I was afraid just scanning the thing... :screwy:

Thanks in advance!

Nice.... As long as it hits that 9.0 number I'd be happy! (thumbs u The thing is though, the grading might be tighter than normal. My plan was to try to get the first crow #1 book into a slab of the company that can't be named if you know what I mean... ;)

9.0 IMHO! As it sits. Do you think you could get Joey to give you an opinion on pressing it? If there are no colour breaks and you can press out the creases you are looking at a lot more than 9.0!

I think this book could press possibly into a 9.4 easy! None of the creases break any color at all. And, the corners with one exception are pretty razor from my telling. The problem is I have this weird philosophical and moral battle going on inside my brain both for and against pressing? :screwy:

I think this book could press possibly into a 9.4 easy! None of the creases break any color at all. And, the corners with one exception are pretty razor from my telling. The problem is I have this weird philosophical and moral battle going on inside my brain both for and against pressing? :screwy:

Here's my take on the whole dry clean and pressing thing:

Think of your comic book as a dress shirt. You wear your shirt and it gets slightly wrinkled. So what do you do? You have it dry cleaned and pressed! No repairs, no replaced buttons, just dry cleaned and pressed. Looks "like new" and all you did was clean it up a little. You don't want to show up in a wrinkled shirt do you? (thumbs u